Feeding - multi vitamin or supplements

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
My dog is on Vital Essentials freeze-dried raw, sauerkraut and Fera probiotic. Should I add anything to her diet? Like a multi vitamin or supplement? I just want to ensure she is getting all the nutrients.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
My dog is on Vital Essentials freeze-dried raw, sauerkraut and Fera probiotic. Should I add anything to her diet? Like a multi vitamin or supplement? I just want to ensure she is getting all the nutrients.

She will be getting all she needs thru the raw diet as long as it contains organ meat which I think it does.

Also rotating proteins provides them with the widest variety of nutrients cause each protein has different benefits. So rotating proteins is best no matter what you feed.

I don’t think you need to add anything else, sometimes supplements like multivitamins might give them too much of something and maybe not enough of something else, and lots of those supplements are synthetic which is actually not absorbed anyway.

OP
M

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
When I read the Vital Essentials website and product info, it just says it has meat. I have emailed them to ask if it contains bones and organs. I know the FROZEN meat has them but not sure about the FREEZE DRIED.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
When I read the Vital Essentials website and product info, it just says it has meat. I have emailed them to ask if it contains bones and organs. I know the FROZEN meat has them but not sure about the FREEZE DRIED.
I just went on the website and got the rabbit formula Freeze dried, here is the ingredients(it does have organs!)
Which formula are you feeding??

Ingredients:​

Rabbit, rabbit liver, rabbit heart, rabbit kidney, rabbit lung, herring oil, mixed tocopherols (preservative), vitamin E supplement, zinc amino acid complex, iron amino acid complex, copper amino acid complex, manganese amino acid complex

OP
M

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
I just went on the website and got the rabbit formula Freeze dried, here is the ingredients(it does have organs!)
Which formula are you feeding??

Ingredients:​

Rabbit, rabbit liver, rabbit heart, rabbit kidney, rabbit lung, herring oil, mixed tocopherols (preservative), vitamin E supplement, zinc amino acid complex, iron amino acid complex, copper amino acid complex, manganese amino acid complex
you are right! even the duck says it has organs. im not sure what i was looking at. thanks soo much!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online