Eye ulcer

Lollie

Nov 3, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Zoey developed an eye ulcer , she was given antibiotics, anyone one experience this and how long does it take to heal ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My French had one, it was two different drops a day for about 6 weeks and he still has a little remaining. They can take awhile to clear up totally if at all

OP
L

Lollie

Nov 3, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
My French had one, it was two different drops a day for about 6 weeks and he still has a little remaining. They can take awhile to clear up totally if at all
Thank you did he wear a collar all that time? I do not want Zoey to wear one , she’s been pretty good about not rubbing it .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you did he wear a collar all that time? I do not want Zoey to wear one , she’s been pretty good about not rubbing it .
No, no collar, just drops

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
3-4 weeks is usually enough for healing. It really depends on the severity.

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
Sophie had them pretty chronically before her entropion surgery. I got to where I just knew she had one because of the reactions she had - major squinting, lots of watering, like dripping right out of her eye. The drops help, but we've also had to use a contact lens at one point to cover the eye so it wasn't further rubbed on and we coned her for that because she would try to get it out of her eye. She managed to anyhow, WITH the cone.

For us, it was usually about two weeks before she was completely better, but she definitely FELT better after about four days.

Most Reactions