OP
Peppa-pooch

Peppa-pooch

Apr 5, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Peppa
Yeh i did thanks but it's Canadian brand and shipping to UK will be expensive.
It's cool, i'll try and find a brand with good reviews on amazon.
Thanks again for all your help.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Yeh i did thanks but it's Canadian brand and shipping to UK will be expensive.
It's cool, i'll try and find a brand with good reviews on amazon.
Thanks again for all your help.

Oh I didnā€™t realize itā€™s Canadian brand, the one you linked should be good.

Try to find the bovine Colostrum and immunity Mushrooms from Four Leaf Rover.

No problem, Iā€™m happy to helpšŸ˜Š

Keep us updated

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Will do thanks. I found the 2 Four Leaf products in UK. Will be ordering now.
Awesome, I found a few articles for more info for youšŸ˜Š very interesting

OP
Peppa-pooch

Peppa-pooch

Apr 5, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Peppa
Awesome, I found a few articles for more info for youšŸ˜Š very interesting

Thanks.
The Quercetin arrived yesterday. Just waiting on mushroom mix and Bovine Colostrum.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
All our pups shed more with increased temps...especially after a bath.
As far as Apoquel is concerned, we have given it short-term to many(less than 50) of the rescues we've taken in with no signs of adverse reaction. Only one was on it long term and he(my personal dog) was an extreme case. Special diet, allergy shots, Apoquel worked for him for many years. He passed at 10. This is not to say that I haven't heard of adverse reactions from it...I have! But I think that some dogs tolerate it and some do not. You should be aware and on the look out for undesirable side-effects. Vets are not so quick to warn about side effects from medications they sell for profit. That, and the canine drug reps will insist that there are ZERO side effects...which is BS.

OP
Peppa-pooch

Peppa-pooch

Apr 5, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Peppa
All our pups shed more with increased temps...especially after a bath.
As far as Apoquel is concerned, we have given it short-term to many(less than 50) of the rescues we've taken in with no signs of adverse reaction. Only one was on it long term and he(my personal dog) was an extreme case. Special diet, allergy shots, Apoquel worked for him for many years. He passed at 10. This is not to say that I haven't heard of adverse reactions from it...I have! But I think that some dogs tolerate it and some do not. You should be aware and on the look out for undesirable side-effects. Vets are not so quick to warn about side effects from medications they sell for profit. That, and the canine drug reps will insist that there are ZERO side effects...which is BS.

I understand thank you. There are so many experienced owners on here for great advice, Iā€™m so glad I joined.
as for Peppa, she has shown no side effects yet and she has been on Apoquel for about 2 months now. The only minor things are the one small wart on her back leg and tiny patches of very minor hair loss on the under side. Itā€™s hard to diagnose whether this was caused by Apoquel or just seasonal issue right now because we are experiencing intense heat waves here in the UK.
Either way Iā€™m trying out the remedies that Bulldog2001 recommended because if they work and are much safer, then thereā€™s no point in risking it with Apoquel right?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I understand thank you. There are so many experienced owners on here for great advice, Iā€™m so glad I joined.
as for Peppa, she has shown no side effects yet and she has been on Apoquel for about 2 months now. The only minor things are the one small wart on her back leg and tiny patches of very minor hair loss on the under side. Itā€™s hard to diagnose whether this was caused by Apoquel or just seasonal issue right now because we are experiencing intense heat waves here in the UK.
Either way Iā€™m trying out the remedies that Bulldog2001 recommended because if they work and are much safer, then thereā€™s no point in risking it with Apoquel right?

Like the article stated, the viral warts are a side effect of the apoquel.

Keep me updated on how the supplements are workingšŸ˜Š

OP
Peppa-pooch

Peppa-pooch

Apr 5, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Peppa
Just got the immunity organic mushroom mix today. I tested a pinch on my finger to see if sheā€™ll lick. Took a while but she did end up licking it.
How do you give it to your dogs? If I need to is it okay to just add it to her food?
in terms of dosage I believe itā€™s a tsp a day?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Just got the immunity organic mushroom mix today. I tested a pinch on my finger to see if sheā€™ll lick. Took a while but she did end up licking it.
How do you give it to your dogs? If I need to is it okay to just add it to her food?
in terms of dosage I believe itā€™s a tsp a day?
I put the powder on their food once a day, give the recommended amount it says on the jar for her weight once a day on food.

OP
Peppa-pooch

Peppa-pooch

Apr 5, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Peppa
Ok thanks. I gave her 1 tsp with her food just now because she's 50lbs.
I have the quercetin but just waiting on the bovine colostrum to be delivered so i can start her on those together.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Ok thanks. I gave her 1 tsp with her food just now because she's 50lbs.
I have the quercetin but just waiting on the bovine colostrum to be delivered so i can start her on those together.
Awesome, you can start her on the quercetin anytime so it can start to take effect while you wait for the bovine Colostrum, itā€™s up to you. The sooner off apoquel the better. But thankfully she is getting the immune boost nowšŸ˜ŠšŸ‘

Keep me updated!

OP
Peppa-pooch

Peppa-pooch

Apr 5, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Peppa
Ok, so itā€™s best to give her 1 dose of Apoquel in the morning and 1 dose of quercetin in the evening for a few days to see how she gets on? If she doesnā€™t itch then switch her fully onto quercetin.
However if she starts itching again, then do I up the quercetin dosage?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Ok, so itā€™s best to give her 1 dose of Apoquel in the morning and 1 dose of quercetin in the evening for a few days to see how she gets on? If she doesnā€™t itch then switch her fully onto quercetin.
However if she starts itching again, then do I up the quercetin dosage?

Yes thatā€™s what I did, 1 apoquel in the morning and 1 Quercetin. Make sure she is getting the full dose of Quercetin before taking her off apoquel and as long as she isnā€™t super itchy, try her without Apoquel.

I would wait a few days before taking her off apoquel, and keep giving the Quercetin.

You shouldnā€™t need to give more Quercetin than the recommended 250-500 mg(thatā€™s for her weight).

So apoquel in the morning and 500 mg of Quercetin at night. See how she is for a few days, if no itch, or very minimal, then try her without the apoquel.

If she is more itchy after no apoquel, try her with 1/2 the 1 tablet of apoquel and the 500mg of Quercetin. If she does good for a few days, try the 1/4 of a apoquel, then after that try the NO apoquel and only Quercetin and the mushrooms you started her on(keep her on that, itā€™s safe with Quercetin and apoquel and same goes for bovine Colostrum when you get it).

Keep me updated

OP
Peppa-pooch

Peppa-pooch

Apr 5, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Peppa
It's evening here so this morning she had her usual 1 Apoquel. And now with her dinner, i gave her 1 quercetin (250mg per capsule). But i should have given her 2 quercetin because she can take both at the same time.
We'll see how she is and maybe increase quercetin tomorrow evening.

Members online

No members online now.