Max

Feb 7, 2022
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
From [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] /Sarah

It's been a little while since I've posted so to catch up...Sgt.Schultz is turning 10 tomorrow and is still full of himself. His health has been pretty good (lots of maintenance) but I wouldn't trade him for the world.I've been home cooking for about 3 years (in a pinch we use a grain free honest kitchen that we add a protein to) and this seems to work well for his system.His chronic ear infections have been healed with a blend of essential oils that we apply weekly with a cotton balls - better than any antibiotic or vet supplied ear drop.

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear health.Spray on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in ears.In a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae

Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.
Hi can you please tell me what kit the member is talking about thanks

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
What brand do you recommend thanks It just started and vet said it was from stress thanks
Hi, I use DoTerra or young living. Both high quality. DoTerra is just as good as YL n less expensive. If itā€™s stress, get a ultrasonic diffuser as it breaks down the oils cause of the vibration speed. My diffuser is basically where my dogs sleeps. Lavender or clay sage, is great for stress. Do not use Ylang Ylang some will say itā€™s ok for pets but Iā€™ve read studies itā€™s not. So my rule of thumb, if oneā€™s not sure, simply avoid it.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi can you please tell me what kit the member is talking about thanks
Where did you see ā€œkitā€ ? Iā€™m confused.

Saalwi, used the recipe above with less drops for each essential oils. I started with her recipe but eventually doubled them. I wouldnā€™t add anymore to this recipe as Iā€™ve balanced it . Too some time but the ratio is right. The Arborvitae oil is extremely hard to fine. So I know you can replace it with Thunja which is in the cedar family.

Last edited:
OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Okā€¦..Spring is around the corner so hereā€™s a modified version fly oil. The recipe is also good for ticks, ants etc. Always good to Print it out so you have it on hand. Btw, furballs smells nicer TšŸ˜šŸ˜

Attachments

• F9499727-988F-41D9-900D-1DEBD18B34DF.jpeg
    F9499727-988F-41D9-900D-1DEBD18B34DF.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 28

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Okā€¦..Spring is around the corner so hereā€™s a modified version fly oil. The recipe is also good for ticks, ants etc. Always good to Print it out so you have it on hand. Btw, furballs smells nicer TšŸ˜šŸ˜
I've been using the witch hazel one on myself every night before I take the dogs out. The mosquitos seem to flock to me as soon as I go outside and I often have several bites going on at a time. Will have to try the ACV one as well to see if one works better than the other.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I've been using the witch hazel one on myself every night before I take the dogs out. The mosquitos seem to flock to me as soon as I go outside and I often have several bites going on at a time. Will have to try the ACV one as well to see if one works better than the other.
So you use the witch hazel recipe n doesnā€™t work for you or did you modify it?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So you use the witch hazel recipe n doesnā€™t work for you or did you modify it?
Nope, using as is. Iā€™ve still gotten a couple bites but not as bad so was wondering if the ACV one would work better.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.