helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well, the peppermint spray and lemon did absolutely nothing! I would spray and then less an hour they were all over again. I ended up getting something "safe" for pets and children at Home Depot as I couldn't take it anymore.

Ants are little “B”. I think it’s the worst insect to get rid of. Even pesticides, it will kill some but the rest will simply go elsewhere. I’ve used lemon n bay leaves long time ago. Never seen them back. But heh, they probably went to the neighbour’s Lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ants are little “B”. I think it’s the worst insect to get rid of. Even pesticides, it will kill some but the rest will simply go elsewhere. I’ve used lemon n bay leaves long time ago. Never seen them back. But heh, they probably went to the neighbour’s Lol

Pain in the a@@ to get rid of. I put baits behind the fridge and oven so hopefully that will get rid of the Queen and colony. After they disappeared from the kitchen, they went into bathroom right next to the kitchen. It’s been two days since I’ve seen an ant...fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peibulldog

Oct 10, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Our little girl is almost 5 Months old. I recently purchased essential oils from Young Living along with a diffuser. I only diffuse in our bedroom in evenings when she isn't there. She sleeps downstairs in our daughters room. I would like to diffuse main areas of our home and downstairs. But want to make sure what is safe to diffuse around our little Bella and for how long to diffuse. I don't want her getting sick. If anyone has experience diffusing with Bull dogs in your home, please let me know what you use and for how long to diffuse. A favorite to diffuse is Lavender. Thank you

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Our little girl is almost 5 Months old. I recently purchased essential oils from Young Living along with a diffuser. I only diffuse in our bedroom in evenings when she isn't there. She sleeps downstairs in our daughters room. I would like to diffuse main areas of our home and downstairs. But want to make sure what is safe to diffuse around our little Bella and for how long to diffuse. I don't want her getting sick. If anyone has experience diffusing with Bull dogs in your home, please let me know what you use and for how long to diffuse. A favorite to diffuse is Lavender. Thank you
eucalyptus, lavender, lemon....if you have a glimpse of this thread from page one, it will answer all your questions. I do use tea tree cause it kills air pathogens. But always use about half the amounts of drops compared to the other oils. Never use ylang ylang even though it smell great....just not good for pets.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
eucalyptus, lavender, lemon....if you have a glimpse of this thread from page one, it will answer all your questions. I do use tea tree cause it kills air pathogens. But always use about half the amounts of drops compared to the other oils. Never use ylang ylang even though it smell great....just not good for pets.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

oh boy!!!!!!!! learn something every day!!!!!!! just yesterday, i wanted to freshen up my hank. I 'almost' added the ylang ylang to his spray freshener cause i LOVE the smell. Dang! i sometimes get lax and dont read b4 use of stuff so glad for the reminder.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Is there a good mix for sinus headaches?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Is there a good mix for sinus headaches?

Are the sinuses still clogged or more for the headache? I want to give you the right oil mix..why I’m asking:)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Are the sinuses still clogged or more for the headache? I want to give you the right oil mix..why I’m asking:)

I don’t know. The headache has been on and off for the past three days. My dad thinks my sinuses are swollen.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sinus Headache Relief - Roller Bottle Recipe

4 drops Lavender Oil
4 drops Peppermint Oil
2 drops Eucalyptus Oil

I like Jojoba Oil or use a carrier oil of choice

Get yourself a 10 ml Roller Bottle. Do your mix n don’t fill it to the top. Shake or roll the little bottle in your hands and add to your cheekbones, your forehead and on the temples. Just be careful and avoid eye area. Will burn. :(
Apply often if you want and especially bedtime.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I don’t know. The headache has been on and off for the past three days. My dad thinks my sinuses are swollen.

You have an infection?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I don’t think so. Just been a headache on and off since the weekend...

Eeeeeeeee......keep an eye on it...cause you’re definitely fighting something.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
If your diffuser holds a cup of water:
UPDATE....

Regarding Respiratory/Colds on the very first post, REMOVE the lemon oil n replace with Tea Tree. I’ve added more drops as today’s diffuser holds one cup of water. I would fix my post but it won’t allow me to edit... nothing is wrong with citrus but not really recommended for pets. And no nothing going to happen to your pet if you did use lemon.

8 drops of Eucalyptus
8 drops of Peppermint
8 drops of Lavender
4 drops of Tea Tree

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Try these focus-enhancing essential oils

Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis): Rosemary is not just an herb to sprinkle onto your gluten-free pasta: It can also help you focus. “It’s an evergreen flowering shrub that is part of the mint family of culinary herbs, and the essential oil is distilled from the flowering tops,” explains Galper. “This oil is rich in molecules that are shown to be very protective and supportive to our overall wellbeing. The aroma offers an experience of profound clarity and purification, and can energize our thoughts and exercise our memory. It’s supportive to breathing, circulation, detox, and inner strengthening.”

Peppermint (Mentha piperita): You know when you can smell peppermint. It’s a very distinct scent that holds powers behind it: “Peppermint is the perfect oil to reach for when feeling stuck and lethargic and in need of a stimulating boost to keep awake and focused,” says Galper. Yes, please. She adds that it’s an antimicrobial, antiseptic, antibacterial, and helps with clearing inflammatory pain. “Peppermint is extremely uplifting, clearing, and opens your breath to help clear your mind, as well as works to get you moving and focused.” Bonus points for relieving nervous tension and a nervous tummy.

Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) You might turn to grapefruit in the a.m. for a healthy boost to your day. The acidic fruit can do the same for your senses, according to Galper. “Grapefruit essential oil is very uplifting and energizing, and disperses stagnancy and negative thoughts and feelings,” she says. “It offers clarity and focus, and is great to add to all kinds of topical body care or in aromatic mists or diffusers.” The fruit extract is also antibacterial, an astringent, and is known as a joyful scent. (NOTE: ANY CITRUS IS NOT FOR PETS!).

Vetiver (Chrysopogon zizanioides): Chances are you’ve been introduced to vetiver in a fragrance with its intoxicating scent. But it’s a useful essential oil when it comes to focus. “Vetiver oil is composed of multiple sesquiterpenes, giving it a grounding effect on emotions,” Dr. Rodriguez explains. “When experiencing anxious, unnerved, or stressed feelings, use vetiver oil topically—such as on the bottom of your feet or back of your neck—with a carrier oil or diffuse it to help provide a calming and grounding effect on your emotions.”

Basil (Ocimum): It’s great on pizza, sure, but in essential oil form, basil can also help you with concentration. “Basil oil provides great benefits to both the mind and body due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to help reduce feelings of tension when applied to the temples and back of the neck,” says Dr. Rodriguez. “You can also use it in a diffuser to promote a sense of focus while studying or reading.”

Spearmint (Mentha spicata): Another minty fresh essential oil can also be used to help you focus: spearmint. “The main chemical component of spearmint essential oil is carvone, which contains energizing properties that strongly contribute to the oil’s mood-enhancing abilities,” says Dr. Rodriguez. “When diffused, the cleansing and energizing aroma of spearmint oil encourages a sense of focus while simultaneously uplifting mood.”

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.