Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Where do you get CBD oil? Is it oral or topical? If oral, are there instructions on how much to give? My Porkchop, 8 yrs old, has bone spurs in his back which the vet says has created a neurological issue affecting control of his right hind leg. Heā€™s on carprofen, Movoflex and recently Petandim, an herbal supplement. He does seem to be more mobile since adding Petandim. But I have heard a lot about CBD oil being effective in pain management. There are so many brands on the internet that I am hesitant to order any without someoneā€™s recommendation. Would appreciate any input.

Iā€™ve used a couple different brands. One was from a local pet shop that made it in house. One was a brand called Treatibles which is a good brand and I believe you can get it online but now I get it directly from the vet that does my Frenchieā€™s acupuncture. Since you can only get it from a vet, itā€™s higher concentrate and the insurance covers it.

Dosage varies as itā€™s a range of drops based on weight so you have to play around with it to find what works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Iā€™ve used a couple different brands. One was from a local pet shop that made it in house. One was a brand called Treatibles which is a good brand and I believe you can get it online but now I get it directly from the vet that does my Frenchieā€™s acupuncture. Since you can only get it from a vet, itā€™s higher concentrate and the insurance covers it.

Dosage varies as itā€™s a range of drops based on weight so you have to play around with it to find what works.

CBD In a pet shop?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
CBD In a pet shop?

Yup!! Not like Petsmart or Petco. Itā€™s called All the Best. I guess you would consider it more of the ā€œboutiqueā€ stores that sell the higher quality foods.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yup!! Not like Petsmart or Petco. Itā€™s called All the Best. I guess you would consider it more of the ā€œboutiqueā€ stores that sell the higher quality foods.

Oh I see now like the ones they sell in health food stores. When I suggest a CBD is the prescription one.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh I see now like the ones they sell in health food stores. When I suggest a CBD is the prescription one.

Prescription one is more expensive but itā€™s stronger plus I get reimbursed so itā€™s all good. But if people donā€™t have that option, Treatibles is a good brand.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Prescription one is more expensive but itā€™s stronger plus I get reimbursed so itā€™s all good. But if people donā€™t have that option, Treatibles is a good brand.

Come to Canada, itā€™s legal :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Itā€™s legal throughout US? I thought was a few states only. Well start driving lol

Not throughout. But here in Washington, also Oregon, California and Colorado. Other states as well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not throughout. But here in Washington, also Oregon, California and Colorado. Other states as well.

Yes... more and more are passing it

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.