dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 17, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldog
We have upgraded EnglishBulldogNews to an entirely new platform that offers many new features and much better support in the future. Unfortunately the old site was running on software that was no longer supported.

The new forum is built from the ground up to fully support mobile devices and provide a much better viewing experience. We've also moved the site to a faster server and it's running on HTTPS for better security.

We've done our best to keep a similar look and feel as the old site. If there is something you are missing from the old site or you are having problems, please let us know! It will take us a few days to iron out all of the bugs.

Thanks!

John

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2015
We have fixed a bug where some usergroups imported from the old site did not have access. All registered users should have access to the site now.

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
Thanks for what you all do to keep this site current and updated. The HTTP security is huge , thanks all, The EBN site is the best thing that's happened for EBD and newer owners like me.

Best regards

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you! What does this mean in relation to Tapatalk app? Does it still work

John

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2015
Thank you! What does this mean in relation to Tapatalk app? Does it still work

Unfortunately for a number of reasons we won't be installing Tapatalk on the new software. We know this is a service that some people really like using but it's a pretty small group. The new software does have an excellent mobile interface (unlike the old software) so we hope it can fill the gap.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
How do I upload a picture for my signature from my computer? Before there was a choice between a file or a URL. What am I doing wrong? :help1:

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names

John

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2015
Been there and tried that. If I click on Insert Image, it says Ctrl+P which then sends me to the print page! I can't find any way to attach a file. My signature is there but no picture anymore.
Ahhh yes, I see what you mean. The new software does not support uploading of signature pictures. Instead you must hotlink to an image hosted somewhere. Do you have the ability to hotlink to your signature image?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Took me forever to navigate the old :haha: lolll
Back to the drawing board with lots of :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
So yup I will have questions. I see a couple already asking..cool

John

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2015
Took me forever to navigate the old :haha: lolll
Back to the drawing board with lots of :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
So yup I will have questions. I see a couple already asking..cool

Try this, create a media album and upload a signature photo. Then you can copy the URL to that signature photo and insert it into your signature. Just try to keep the size reasonable as it does not automatically resize.

For example, I created this album and uploaded 1 photo, but it's way too large to be a signature image:

The direct URL to the image would be the link I insert into the signature:

Code:
https://www.englishbulldognews.com/media/cover-jpg.1/full

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Try this, create a media album and upload a signature photo. Then you can copy the URL to that signature photo and insert it into your signature. Just try to keep the size reasonable as it does not automatically resize.

For example, I created this album and uploaded 1 photo, but it's way too large to be a signature image:

Code:
Testing that out now. (worked)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ahhh yes, I see what you mean. The new software does not support uploading of signature pictures. Instead you must hotlink to an image hosted somewhere. Do you have the ability to hotlink to your signature image?

Code:

Members online

No members online now.