English bulldog puppy respritory problem help!

Econnolly

Feb 2, 2022
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuck
Hello all we have a 15 week old pup name Chuck. We've had him for a week and the day we got him he had a little cough he got worse after a couple days! We took him to 3 different vets and had 2 xrays done and blood work. The xraysvare good we are waiting for blood work. He has greet snot coming from his nose and is having trouble breathing. He has been on a antibiotic for 4 days I think its clavamox. He is very lethargic and and is vomiting when he eats and drinks. He looked like he had a seizure last night. He stood up real fast and fell on his back and peed on himself. We took him to the vet again and 2 of them said it looks like distemper but he has had 2 vaccines for it already. So I dont want to believe its that. Has anyone else experienced this please help!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OK my first question would be is he completely vaccinated? And if he isn't, has he been around other dogs? Second... are you taking him to a reputable bulldog vet, someone that has extensive knowledge w/the breed or BRACH breed dogs in particular?!! This sounds like a true emergency, so I would take him to an ER vet clinic ASAP... bulldogs can get pneumonia real fast, and he may need to be on oxygen if you believe he's already passed out last night.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fully agree with Tracey…. Prayers for your baby, hoping he is improving and you re getting care and answer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Lack of oxygen caused him to pass out/pee. He likely has aspiration pneumonia. This can be lethal for a puppy if it's already gotten to the point you describe. Please keep us posted. Wishing you best of luck fighting for him.

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
My brother has a French bulldog who has a tendency to scarf down his food and then it gets into his lungs causing pneumonia. They now have to feed him canned Hill's digestion rx food and they give him a pill for his seizures. If they are late on his pill for even 3 hours, he will get a seizure. Anything that is stressful will cause the dog to get a seizure, even meeting a new dog. When he seizes, he pees himself, temporarily goes blind and is disoriented for a bit. Your dog could have this same issues. Let us know how things go today.

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
Hello all we have a 15 week old pup name Chuck. We've had him for a week and the day we got him he had a little cough he got worse after a couple days! We took him to 3 different vets and had 2 xrays done and blood work. The xraysvare good we are waiting for blood work. He has greet snot coming from his nose and is having trouble breathing. He has been on a antibiotic for 4 days I think its clavamox. He is very lethargic and and is vomiting when he eats and drinks. He looked like he had a seizure last night. He stood up real fast and fell on his back and peed on himself. We took him to the vet again and 2 of them said it looks like distemper but he has had 2 vaccines for it already. So I dont want to believe its that. Has anyone else experienced this please help!
How is Chuck doing?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.