English Bulldog Owners Required

CGreen90

Aug 28, 2021
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
My Cocker is Fenton and my Terrier is Lily
Hi, I'm very sorry if this is not the forum to post this and if it needs to be deleted I totally understand. I am a final year MSc Student, for my dissertation I have been looking into canine health issues, during my research I found that most studies on brachycephalic (short nose) breed health issues were completed in referral hospitals where animals are already ill, I therefore decided to try and find out what the actual prevalence of these issues is in society in general and what ownersโ€™ expectations or realisations have been. Participation is completely anonymous, and the survey takes 5- 10 mins to complete, I would be grateful if you could spare a few minutes to have your say. I have lots of owners of Pugs and Frenchies who have replied but very few English Bulldogs
๐Ÿ˜€
๐Ÿถ
Thank you!!
๐Ÿพ
๐Ÿ˜€

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi, I'm very sorry if this is not the forum to post this and if it needs to be deleted I totally understand. I am a final year MSc Student, for my dissertation I have been looking into canine health issues, during my research I found that most studies on brachycephalic (short nose) breed health issues were completed in referral hospitals where animals are already ill, I therefore decided to try and find out what the actual prevalence of these issues is in society in general and what ownersโ€™ expectations or realisations have been. Participation is completely anonymous, and the survey takes 5- 10 mins to complete, I would be grateful if you could spare a few minutes to have your say. I have lots of owners of Pugs and Frenchies who have replied but very few English Bulldogs
๐Ÿ˜€
๐Ÿถ
Thank you!!
๐Ÿพ
๐Ÿ˜€

In a nutshell, EB will be same as frenchie n Pugs.

OP
C

CGreen90

Aug 28, 2021
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
My Cocker is Fenton and my Terrier is Lily
In a nutshell, EB will be same as frenchie n Pugs.
I kind of assume that but I need to hit 380 responses for it to be deemed statistically significant otherwise whatever conclusions I can draw are deemed to be potentially wrong.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I think you would be well-served posting your link on any number of Facebook pages dedicated to Bulldogs.
โ€œBulldog Ownersโ€
โ€œI love English Bulldogsโ€
etc etc

Also, I took the survey using Lala as the โ€œreference dogโ€ and thankfully she has zero health concerns. Not sure how much help this will be. We have 3 other Bulldogs with varying health concerns and can do a survey for each if youโ€™d like that info.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It really depends on a few factors, but mostly the quality of the breeder and how the choose mates.

iv had three from the same breeder

1) needed everything done- nares, palette, saccules
2) nothing done
3) only nares at 16 weeks

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
๐Ÿ˜€
๐Ÿถ
Thank you!!
๐Ÿพ
๐Ÿ˜€

Interesting project and important research. Best of luck with your project!

Staff online

Members online