MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hello EBN Family,

So recently (past couple Mos) Ellie has randomly been refusing her AM Meal but Does eat her PM Meal. She acting like her normal self all around.

I have addressed this with Bully Savy Vet, and she was not concerned and mentioned putting a topper on to encourage her to eat

Can their eating habits change as they age, our little flower girl is 7.5 (pic for attention)

20230304_160403.jpg

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Miss Ellie. What 'sup little girl? Dental issue? Empty stomach syndrome? Has she thrown-up before breakfast? Maybe try some plain famotodine (aka Pepcid) 10 mg 30 minutes before breakfast. This is what we did with Jewel also we used prilosec (omperazole) when the Pepcid stopped working. Of course I am not a vet. Just shooting from the hip.

Hope Ellie does better real soon. Love, prayers, and positive vibes. RJ

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Miss Ellie. What 'sup little girl? Dental issue? Empty stomach syndrome? Has she thrown-up before breakfast? Maybe try some plain famotodine (aka Pepcid) 10 mg 30 minutes before breakfast. This is what we did with Jewel also we used prilosec (omperazole) when the Pepcid stopped working. Of course I am not a vet. Just shooting from the hip.

Hope Ellie does better real soon. Love, prayers, and positive vibes. RJ
Hey Mr RJ😊

Her teef's are good, always gets compliments on them

She's has thrown up before in the evening in the past if she didn't have enough Breakfast or if one of her meals was not given at just the right time or right amount...so you might be on to something🤔

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hello EBN Family,

So recently (past couple Mos) Ellie has randomly been refusing her AM Meal but Does eat her PM Meal. She acting like her normal self all around.

I have addressed this with Bully Savy Vet, and she was not concerned and mentioned putting a topper on to encourage her to eat

Can their eating habits change as they age, our little flower girl is 7.5 (pic for attention)

View attachment 124228

My Frenchie requires 3 meals a day, breakfast @9am(or before), dinner @4pm, and a snack before bed @10:30 pm.

If he doesn’t eat on time or doesn’t get the snack at 10:30 he vomits foam from going too long without eating.
And if he vomits, then he won’t eat cause he doesn’t feel well, then it gets worse and is a snowball effect at that point.

For her, I would recommend splitting her meals into 3 meals a day like I do for my French bulldog.

You can add bone broth, also probiotics are very good for that. I use Adored Beast Gut Soothe when any of my dogs vomit or have any digestion issue. It works really well and fast.

Sometimes they just want more variety, my frenchie was the most pickiest at breakfast and would eat better at dinner.

What do you feed her?

If she is eating the same food and same protein every day for months she will likely get bored of it and want variety(I’m sure you would too🙂).

Maybe try a different protein in the morning or add a topper she likes.

Bone broth, probiotics(not yogurt as it can cause inflammation in some dogs and lacks the probiotics for dogs as it’s pasturized, some Goat milk can cause inflammation too in some dogs).
But I would try bone broth(low sodium like the open farm brand), or freeze dried raw, or beef liver, or cooked meat if you have any, or some berries, or quail egg.

Hope she improves! Keep us updated

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Morning EBN Fam,

Thank you so much, for your advice!! Will keep this in our files

In my research, here I also came across a thread, were our Sweet Joey had a similar issue, and here mama tried a new bowl/Plate. Well Ellies dad Tried that this AM, and Ellie Gobbled up her breakfast.

So looks like Ellie's mama is going doggie bowl shopping, any bowls that you little babies love.

Ellie eats off of a little childrens step stool, she a minor deformity in her throat and this helps her food pass to her belly easier, so mama would like to stay with a bowl if possible

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Good Morning EBN Fam,

Thank you so much, for your advice!! Will keep this in our files

In my research, here I also came across a thread, were our Sweet Joey had a similar issue, and here mama tried a new bowl/Plate. Well Ellies dad Tried that this AM, and Ellie Gobbled up her breakfast.

So looks like Ellie's mama is going doggie bowl shopping, any bowls that you little babies love.

Ellie eats off of a little childrens step stool, she a minor deformity in her throat and this helps her food pass to her belly easier, so mama would like to stay with a bowl if possible

Glad to hear she ate all her breakfast this morning on a new bowl.

For my French Bulldog I have the Enhanced Pet Bowl it’s specifically for English bulldogs and French bulldogs cause their short nose.

I find he eats better with it, and doesn’t have much gas when eating from it and doesn’t choke when he eats too fast.

He is 4 years old, and I have been using it for him since he was 1 year.

Hopefully she will continue to eat if you give her a different dish.

Keep us updated 🙂

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Glad to hear she ate all her breakfast this morning on a new bowl.

For my French Bulldog I have the Enhanced Pet Bowl it’s specifically for English bulldogs and French bulldogs cause their short nose.

I find he eats better with it, and doesn’t have much gas when eating from it and doesn’t choke when he eats too fast.

He is 4 years old, and I have been using it for him since he was 1 year.

Hopefully she will continue to eat if you give her a different dish.

Keep us updated 🙂
Thank you for the Bowl Suggestion!!😊

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Glad to hear the hubby who spells his name backwards found a solution. As we say, many hands makes the work lighter.

Miss Ellie, just keep eating your breakfast little girl. RJ.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello EBN Family,

View attachment 124228
We are going through all his with Cheli… I started feeding him later, like 8:30AM instead of 6 AM.. and he jumps right in. Sometimes he won’t eat then either, so he just get one meal on those days. Our vet said the same.. he is healthy and will eat when hungry

Most Reactions