URGENT!!! Ear problem

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Anyone experience this with their bulldog?

I just noticed it tonight, she scratched her ear thatā€™s why it looks worse than it appears. I am taking her to the vet in the morning. Meanwhile, anyone know what is ?
a68dbab9310f62f3adf65de641b01557.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Looks yeasty...cotton ball with 2drops of lavender essential oil. Swipe inner ear n not into the canal. Will help enormously. I do this once a month for my 2 n never had issues. My sonā€™s GS was exactly like your photo while I was babysitting all his 3dog. The GS kept scratching nonstop. Did the swipe he stopped immediately scratching. But man was there brown crap on them cotton balls. Just donā€™t add oil in the canal as it can sting. Only around inside.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Looks yeasty...cotton ball with 2drops of lavender essential oil. Swipe inner ear n not into the canal. Will help enormously. I do this once a month for my 2 n never had issues. My sonā€™s GS was exactly like your photo while I was babysitting all his 3dog. The GS kept scratching nonstop. Did the swipe he stopped immediately scratching. But man was there brown crap on them cotton balls. Just donā€™t add oil in the canal as it can sting. Only around inside.

I will do the cotton ball with lavender. I have Young Living lavender here, thank you!
I gave her an antibiotic in the mean time.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I will do the cotton ball with lavender. I have Young Living lavender here, thank you!
I gave her an antibiotic in the mean time.

You got great oil there! Keep me posted.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have never tried the essential oils, but my Walter has horrible allergies. We used to get his ear packed, but now that he's taking cytopoint injections his ears are doing great.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have never tried the essential oils, but my Walter has horrible allergies. We used to get his ear packed, but now that he's taking cytopoint injections his ears are doing great.

My girl got a cytopoint injection awhile back. She must have wax in her ears and it itches perhaps and she scratches. We will go to the vet to check it out. I applied YL oil lavender it seemed to help a bit. Cleared it a bit not 100 % got to give it time.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
My girl got a cytopoint injection awhile back. She must have wax in her ears and it itches perhaps and she scratches. We will go to the vet to check it out. I applied YL oil lavender it seemed to help a bit. Cleared it a bit not 100 % got to give it time.

Keep cleaning it. Give it a couple days or so. Oils are not one shot deal. At least doesn't have side effects like meds.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Keep cleaning it. Give it a couple days or so. Oils are not one shot deal. At least doesn't have side effects like meds.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yes, thatā€™s for sure. I just checked her ear and the oil made a huge difference. It was all gunky and itā€™s clear up . It was wax that came out of her ear . She appears better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, thatā€™s for sure. I just checked her ear and the oil made a huge difference. It was all gunky and itā€™s clear up . It was wax that came out of her ear . She appears better.

How is it looking today? It almost looks like a hotspot with the fur brown and mushy

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How is it looking today? It almost looks like a hotspot with the fur brown and mushy

She still has the brown mushy stuff. Inside looks clearer than before. I been cleaning it if it doesnā€™t go away the vet we go. I thought I would give it a few days before vet visit. I have antibiotics from the vet from a previous visit , it seems to help. I did get a cotton ball and Young Living lavender oil on the outer part of the ear.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She still has the brown mushy stuff. Inside looks clearer than before. I been cleaning it if it doesnā€™t go away the vet we go. I thought I would give it a few days before vet visit. I have antibiotics from the vet from a previous visit , it seems to help. I did get a cotton ball and Young Living lavender oil on the outer part of the ear.

Can you get another picture of the fur?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
3b0f5e4e392dcde57bd0b02427452d46.jpg

Seeing some pus in there... hope itā€™s not infected. Let us know what vet says. You caught it early so saved her some pain

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Seeing some pus in there... hope itā€™s not infected. Let us know what vet says. You caught it early so saved her some pain

Yes, I will take her to the vet tomorrow. I did put in some ear med from a precious visit to hold up until then. She scratches it appears worse than what it is. I clean her ear in the morning and evening . Plus, sheā€™s taking antibiotics since Friday. Thank you for your help :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Much clearer for sure. What a difference. The brown is almost gone. And yes looks a bit of pus in there. Keep cleaning it n use a q-tip to remove the leftover brown. If you feel you need to see a vet, go for it. If there isnā€™t any scratching or shaking of head n eating, playing as normal, I personally would wait another day. From what I see looks a lot better. Thatā€™s me so go with your gut.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.