Ear Cleaning

EnglishBullyLover

May 10, 2022
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Berkley
Hello all, and happy fourth of July! I am curious about what all of your opinions are on the best ear cleaner for EBs.

Thanks for all your help!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hello all, and happy fourth of July! I am curious about what all of your opinions are on the best ear cleaner for EBs.

Thanks for all your help!

I use Otifree ear wash and itā€™s working great. Itā€™s a natural wash I got from my dogs dermatologist, I think you might be able to get it online, not sure.

I use the ear wash in the ear, then wipe the ears out with a ear cloth for dogs(earth bath ear wipes are good).

I donā€™t recommend any ear cleaners from the vet as they are all chemicals and have harmful ingredients in them.

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
Following this. My babies are only 4 and 5 months old so I just use cotton rounds or paper towels rolled up and wipe the dirt out. Also need to find out about teeth cleaning... Anyone?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Following this. My babies are only 4 and 5 months old so I just use cotton rounds or paper towels rolled up and wipe the dirt out. Also need to find out about teeth cleaning... Anyone?

Black sheep organics has a dog toothpaste thatā€™s really good, no harmful ingredients in it.

Also there is a powder you can add to the food called Plaque Off powder, itā€™s a certain troupe of seaweed that works thru the saliva preventing new plaque.

Very little amount of plaque off is needed. And also I recommend getting them used to brushing their teeth as pups so they are used to it.

My dog loves the taste of the black sheep organics toothpaste. Thatā€™s the only toothpaste I know for dogs that does NOT contain harmful chemicals and other bad ingredients.

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
Black sheep organics has a dog toothpaste thatā€™s really good, no harmful ingredients in it.

Also there is a powder you can add to the food called Plaque Off powder, itā€™s a certain troupe of seaweed that works thru the saliva preventing new plaque.

Very little amount of plaque off is needed. And also I recommend getting them used to brushing their teeth as pups so they are used to it.

My dog loves the taste of the black sheep organics toothpaste. Thatā€™s the only toothpaste I know for dogs that does NOT contain harmful chemicals and other bad ingredients.
Wow thats really interesting. Thank you! They've kept me so very busy. Chewing on so many pieces of furniture. Trying to clip their nails which is a complete disaster :LOL:
Fighting with each other. We really didn't know what we were getting ourselves into with these 2.
I just found the toothpaste you mentioned, what kind of toothbrush do you use/reccommend? Can it be a regular human toothbrush or have you used the little slip on finger?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Wow thats really interesting. Thank you! They've kept me so very busy. Chewing on so many pieces of furniture. Trying to clip their nails which is a complete disaster :LOL:
Fighting with each other. We really didn't know what we were getting ourselves into with these 2.
I just found the toothpaste you mentioned, what kind of toothbrush do you use/reccommend? Can it be a regular human toothbrush or have you used the little slip on finger?

Oh yes, they will keep you busy! Having 1 new puppy is lots of work, 2 I havenā€™t had to train at once, at least they can kee each other busy and not teach each other bad habits(I have heard of that).

If they arenā€™t used to having their paws rubbed/played with gently, nail trimming will take time to get them used to it.
My dogs paw me when I get the clippers and my other dog sleeps on his back while I clip , they like their paws pet.

Any dog toothbrush, you can get a soft bristled brush like for a kid but I have tried the finger brush and it didnā€™t really work, it became a pain caused it would fall off and not really brush any plain dog toothbrush or kids brush thatā€™s soft bristled, it works good.
Preventing the tartar and plaque is better than dealing with dental issues and kidney and other organ disease in the future.

And if they chew on a chew it will help keep the gums good, did you give them the Yak Chews???

Did you find the bull tails?

Amazon has plaque off powder too if you canā€™t find it in store where your located.
It works great, powder on the food once a day and itā€™s good, no chemicals.

I searched for 1 full year to find a toothpaste for dogs that does NOT contain chemicals and ingredients causing allergies and organ issues and some ingredients can cause cancer!

I am picky on what goes into my dogs!

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
Oh yes, they will keep you busy! Having 1 new puppy is lots of work, 2 I havenā€™t had to train at once, at least they can kee each other busy and not teach each other bad habits(I have heard of that).

If they arenā€™t used to having their paws rubbed/played with gently, nail trimming will take time to get them used to it.
My dogs paw me when I get the clippers and my other dog sleeps on his back while I clip , they like their paws pet.

Any dog toothbrush, you can get a soft bristled brush like for a kid but I have tried the finger brush and it didnā€™t really work, it became a pain caused it would fall off and not really brush any plain dog toothbrush or kids brush thatā€™s soft bristled, it works good.
Preventing the tartar and plaque is better than dealing with dental issues and kidney and other organ disease in the future.

And if they chew on a chew it will help keep the gums good, did you give them the Yak Chews???

Amazon has plaque off powder too if you canā€™t find it in store where your located.

I searched for 1 full year to find a toothpaste for dogs that does NOT contain chemicals and ingredients causing allergies and organ issues and some ingredients can cause cancer!

YES they absolutely LOVVVEE the yak chews!
I got 2 of them, 1 for Chief and 1 for Louise. I will definitely be buying more! Chief also loves his antler! We just received the "lick pads" today too, I put peanut butter on it and they were busy licking for a very impressive amount of time!
Thanks so much for all your help!

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief

I didn't find bull tails, on amazon. I worry about "scam" websites so I won't order from just anywhere. I like to keep it safe and usually do my ordering from amazon mainly. (except for Walmart, Target)

But those yak chews were a hit!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
YES they absolutely LOVVVEE the yak chews!
I got 2 of them, 1 for Chief and 1 for Louise. I will definitely be buying more! Chief also loves his antler! We just received the "lick pads" today too, I put peanut butter on it and they were busy licking for a very impressive amount of time!
Thanks so much for all your help!

Awesome!

Did you look into getting them a Kong to put peanut butter in and freeze it??

Another good ideašŸ˜Š

Your very welcome, Iā€™m happy to help!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I didn't find bull tails, on amazon. I worry about "scam" websites so I won't order from just anywhere. I like to keep it safe and usually do my ordering from amazon mainly. (except for Walmart, Target)

But those yak chews were a hit!

Yes they are unique and harder to find since itā€™s in Canada where I get them, but they are a unique chew and people might try to sell you a rawhide which is a big no no because there dangerous.

But at least they love a yak chew!

Bully sticks are great chews too, they are very popular. I think you can find them on Amazon.

Antlers are good too.

You should Definitely check out the kong on Amazon for the idea of add treats to it and add peanut butter and freeze it and give whenever. Also great!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
For daily cleaning I use witch Hazel on a cotton pad

Members online

No members online now.