Duoxo Pads

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I got some of these....do they sting? I wiped Bo's tear stained face and nose rope and he acted like I'd smeared poison on him. I put it on my own face - nothing happened. Bea didn't react like that at all. But she's not known for the kind of dramatics that Bo is.

Did I unknowingly torture my precious Bo?

I also got the shampoo.

Now I'm wondering why I got it. I thought I'd seen this in many threads here and needed to add it to my arsenal....

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I use them, but Moe doesn't act like they sting... Perhaps Bo just doesn't like his face messed with?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I think it's kinda like alcohol. If you get too close to the eye, yikes. When I open this up and they get a whiff, zooooommmm. Got be sneaky. I don't use it everyday. Once a week is enough. And yes, it does work, but mine all hate it. It's great for the tail pockets too. And fabulous between the toes. Just be very careful at the eye, nose rope area. And i think it says something about the sinus too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think it's kinda like alcohol. If you get too close to the eye, yikes. When I open this up and they get a whiff, zooooommmm. Got be sneaky. I don't use it everyday. Once a week is enough. And yes, it does work, but mine all hate it. It's great for the tail pockets too. And fabulous between the toes. Just be very careful at the eye, nose rope area. And i think it says something about the sinus too.

Exactly ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
They are MUCH..MUCH..MUCH..milder than Maloket wipes! Jake would start running when he heard me unscrewing the lid! I don't think they sting..I think Bullys hate being messed with...period! :yes:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I have to wipe and wash Wilson so often that he doesn't want to look me in the eyes anymore, poor soul. Sometimes I just wanna go up to him to give him a smoochy and he looks down because he thinks I'm gonna wipe his eyes. Makes me sad for him but I gotta keep his eyes clean or he won't be able to see through those goopies. This has been a very hard allergy season for him. I always use soft cotton balls to make it a nicer experience. :nope: Some bullies are more sensitive and he definitely is one of them.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Are the Maloket wipes just for the face or can they be used in other areas? How do they differ from the Duoxo pads - are those just for feet and tail pockets?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Maloket can be used on feet..anywhere..I don't get close to eyes..but they work great on those bumps and even hives..I got Duoxo this time but I think I like Maloket better...jake doesnt though!! :ROFL:

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
I use the shampoo also, never tried the wipes. I've also used it on hot spots. Just put a little on area and leave it on. My vet recommended it over Sulfadine.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm such a dork. I thought I ordered Maloket wipes too -- I have the stuff in the bottle already -- but I didn't.

Anyway, here's what each morning's beauty treatment looks like here. What's yours look like?

Bo (Daily)
1) Pampers Aloe Cucumber "One and Done" baby wipes for his tear stain area, nose ropes and nose dip. I add one of the following to four corners of the wipe; witch hazel OR MalAcetic Ultra or nothing (just the wipe juice that's already on it).
2) Ears are also wiped out with clean end of same wipe with same stuff (or not) on it.
3) The flip side of that same wipe gets used on the area where his tail meets his hiney. He has no tail pocket so it's just a clean up thing.
4) That undertail area gets Desitin OR hydrocortizone itch cream, if needed.
5) Clean One and Done wipes is/are used on tummy area and feet each time there's been extended exposure to grass.

Bea (Daily)
1) Pampers Aloe Cucumber "One and Done" baby wipes for his tear stain area, nose ropes and nose dip. I add one of the following to the wipe itself; witch hazel OR MalAcetic Ultra or nothing (just the wipe juice - smells great).
2) Ears are also wiped out with clean end of same wipe with whatever choice of the same stuff on it.
3) Clean end of wipe gets MalAcetic Ultra dripped on it in two big spots, opposite each other and her tail pocket is "excavated" two times.
4) Jock itch powder is POOFED into tail pocket using pointy picnic style ketchup bottle. (She runs when she sees the bottle, so I hide it)
5) 5) Clean One and Done wipes is/are used on tummy area and feet each time there's been extended exposure to grass + hydrocortisone anti itch cream applied to tummy area since Bea is a scratcher.

I don't wear make up and I don't curl my hair or anything. Good thing. I don't have time for that. ha ha ha ha

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online