Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you for sharing,

If you own a Bulldog, it is not a matter of if, but rather when. Some of us have been through the painful process once or even more. Sadly at some point everyone will. Unless, sadly, you leave before your Bulldog does. Either way is a terrible ordeal filled with so much sadness that words can't express. The words "sad, heartbroken, crushed, devastated, etc", seem woefully blank on paper. But understand the feel of the sadness if hard to express in words.

A Bulldog is more than just a pet or a dog. Truly they are part of our physical and emotional lives. By sharing with us here, you are helping to share with us about Dudley and to share his memories. He belong to you and your family, but now will be a part of all of us to remember.

God watches over those who are with him. It is hard to accept when they are gone. With sincere sympathy,

Awesome post and every word rings true. I've stopped trying to explain bully love, both the giving
and receiving of it, to those with no experience of bulldogs. No way they can understand it and most
think we are just plain nuts...maybe we are, who cares? Recently I had to reaccess my plans for Cami
if I passed away before she did, I'd made my son (who has bulldog experience) promise to keep her
until her death but he's in a relationship and apt that wouldn't be good for her. So, after lots of stress
& prayer, I called a dear friend & member here (that lives within 2 hrs of me & lost her beloved bully
last year & remains broken hearted) and she agreed to take Cami if I die suddenly. My gratitude & relief
for her kindness can't be put into words, didn't realize how much my worry for Cami was weighing on me
until this, but it was like a mountain FELL off me!

I think it says a lot for all of us that love bulldogs that, going thru what we do with them, we decide so often,
to get another (or two) when the right time comes again, there is just nothing like them. Even knowing, most
likely, their lives will be short, even with all the issues, even with all the time, expense & worry, we still choose
another bulldog to love and to love us as only a bulldog does.

That says it all really.

And, [MENTION=5232]DudleysMom[/MENTION], Kathleen & Scott, my heart is so sad, thinking of your loss & your empty homes ;(

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=5232]DudleysMom[/MENTION], my heart is breaking for you reading this post. May he rest peacefully and may time heal your heart :hug2:

Last edited:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Kathleen, I am so sorry about your Dudley, he is running with the Angels now waiting for you one day to join him. Prayers for You Kathleen and Your Family for your loss. I know all to well how you feel, it hurts so much, but I know one day I will see my Beloved 4 legged Babies again, never to part.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.

OP
DudleysMom

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and expressions of sympathy. I know I will love another bulldog again, quite truthfully, because I must. Once you have known and loved a bulldog, the breed has your heart forever. I can NEVER see a bulldog without stopping to talk to the baby and it's servants (LOL!). They are sweet and precious and just so very, very special. But, each one is special on their own; each one is different and important to us in their own way. No bulldog will ever take Dudley's place in my heart, but I know that one day, Dudley will enable me to make a space in my heart for another bulldog! Love you all!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and expressions of sympathy. I know I will love another bulldog again, quite truthfully, because I must. Once you have known and loved a bulldog, the breed has your heart forever. I can NEVER see a bulldog without stopping to talk to the baby and it's servants (LOL!). They are sweet and precious and just so very, very special. But, each one is special on their own; each one is different and important to us in their own way. No bulldog will ever take Dudley's place in my heart, but I know that one day, Dudley will enable me to make a space in my heart for another bulldog! Love you all!

No truer words.... well said, Kathleen!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
@DudleysMom
So sorry to hear, sorry I missed it all, I was so sad to read this post. RIP Dudley, your tribute and words throughout this thread are truly amazing and strong, I gave Bazza an extra hug and kiss as feeling emotional thinking of your loss. Thinking of you both at this time !

Members online

No members online now.