Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Well I took Dozer for a walk with his new K9 Julius Harness, Wow I love this harness, it helped so much with the pulling on my arm, and I was able to use the handle to pick him up when he laid down and refused to walk. Lol. It was also great for holding him when he was being pet by the Pupparazzi. Dozer didn't seem to like it at first, first the Velcro scared him lol, then when we started walking, he tried pulling it off, and he was chewing the chest strap, and it got caught in his mouth, but once we started walking, he got used to it.

I bought the size 1 for Dozer based on the measurements and his weight, I thought this would fit him perfectly, and I was going to try it on Blossom to see if she needed a size 1 or 2. It turns out the size 1 camoflauge harness that I ordered for Dozer fits Blossom perfectly, and fits Dozer a little bit loose on the chest, it fits well under the belly. I'm bummed now because I wanted to order the pink one for Blossom, but might give her Dozers and order another Camo for Dozer in a size 0. I'm just afraid to, in case the size 0 is too tight. That's the problem with ordering on line, because you can't try it on first, and it's such a pain to return, because you have to pay the shipping and handling costs to return it, and then pay them again to send another one. I guess they will both have to have a camoflauge coloured harness, or maybe I'll get Dozer the Black one.

He looks so handsome in his new harness.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 176

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
that first picture he sure doe not look happy.... but I see what you mean that it is a little loose on him -- drat!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Looks awesome Monica... We absolutely love ours!!! That's why I ended up getting a smaller size for Wally because the next size would be too big right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
All dressed up and no where to go - looking good in the harness waiting for mine to finish growing then he will be showing off his as well.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
I bought the size 1 for Dozer based on the measurements and his weight...

I wonder if you could shareDozer's weight and measurements as he looks close to Buttercup's size in photos. Thanks for posting photos. I know you did it to show us the harness but I love any excuse to see adorable EB pics. What a cutie!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks Buttercups Mommy, sorry i dont know youre name, sure no problem, I can share Dozers measurements, he's a boy so he won't mind sharing his weight. Lol

His chest measures 28 inches and he weighs between 45 and 48 pounds, he's usually 45 lbs in the Summer and Fall months, but can gain 2 to 3 lbs over the Winter when they aren't running outside as much because of the snow and cold weather. I bought the size 1 based on his measurements, but it was a little loose in he chest area, it fit him fine under the tummy, but the front is Velcro, and can be adjusted. I was thinking of buying the size 0 for Dozer, and giving the size 1 to Blossom because she has a wider chest, and size 1 fit her better, but I'm afraid that the size 0 might be too small for him, so, I'm going to keep it and order another size 1 in pink for Blossom. If you order a K9 Harness for Buttercup you will love it, they are great, very easy to put on, and made really well. Please post pictures of Buttercup in her new harness.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Thanks, Monica! I guess Dozer and Buttercup just have proportional bodies as she is 10 lbs lighter! Her weight (34 lbs) and chest (23") are at the very bottom end of the range for the size 0. I wonder if it will be big on her as there is a 20+ lb range for that size. Might try the Mini to avoid a loose fit.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
I contacted the company and they advised I get the larger size (0) as Buttercup's weight is a pound over the range for the size Mini. However, they included the caveat that it is hard to advise without seeing the dog.

The rep said that ideally she would be in the middle of the size range for a harness, but since Buttercup is fully grown that won't be possible. Since her girth is right in the middle of the size Mini range I might go against their advice and try that one. I'll update how it fits her once we get it…still am concerned the big one might be too large, tho'.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online