Dog Eats Pooh

BREWBADGER

Mar 5, 2016
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Vader and Reya
Okay, quick question, when I walk my dogs, I have to watch both of them like hawks. I can get over the occasional acorn or two. And I know they need to sniff around and have a good time. Both the little girl will eat cat pooh or I guess other dogs pooh.. She is too quick, one minute I think she is just routing in the grass smelling, next thing she is munching on pooh.. She has the look of satisfaction as I am scolding her. No telling what she could catch doing this. Anyone else have this issue and suggestions? Oh, I am at an Rv park so this isn't just my yard. Its everyone's yard.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Okay, quick question, when I walk my dogs, I have to watch both of them like hawks. I can get over the occasional acorn or two. And I know they need to sniff around and have a good time. Both the little girl will eat cat pooh or I guess other dogs pooh.. She is too quick, one minute I think she is just routing in the grass smelling, next thing she is munching on pooh.. She has the look of satisfaction as I am scolding her. No telling what she could catch doing this. Anyone else have this issue and suggestions? Oh, I am at an Rv park so this isn't just my yard. Its everyone's yard.

Duke lately has been eating Nyala’s poop but he won’t touch his. It’s more of a dominating issue I have. I make a point to be out with them in the backyard and he knows I’m standing n watching. A lot of dogs eat poop. Nothing new. It’s not cause dog is missing a mineral or something else in their diet. That’s an old myth. It’s a dog thing. And dogs love cat poop. You basically have to be there n check on them. Also, I walk them and neither are allowed on the grass side. Both walk street side. Always to my left along the street side. It’s a safer way your dogs does pick up worms or any parasites etc that sits there on the grass side. Just a thought

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Very difficult thing to stop. I had dogs who ate poop and who never were interested. Some dogs just feel like eating poops:eek:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

OH NO.... this is a hard one.... cat poo is like candy crack to a dog, there is little resistance for them. Your best bet, is to always have them on lead so you can control it --- otherwise, it is like a buffet!

Most Reactions