Dog Door

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
Debating whether or not to install a dog door on my back door. has anyone had any issues with thieves coming in through the dog door or animals coming in?
i worry someone or something will come in while we are away.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I don’t have one but I know multiple people that do and haven’t had any issues.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have on that leads to our deck.. pups can’t get to yard it is only for sunbathing 😬. No issues but we live in a small suburb

handsomedan

Apr 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dan and Auggie
We have had one for years with zero issues. We also have a tall fence so you can't see into the yard from the front of the house. Our dogs love it too!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You need to be very careful in summertime that dogs do not stay out in the hot sun.

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Debating whether or not to install a dog door on my back door. has anyone had any issues with thieves coming in through the dog door or animals coming in?
i worry someone or something will come in while we are away.
I had one in my house. It had a cover to slip in when I didn't want the dogs to go outside. I did have a little trouble with my blind Dalmatian though. He was a hunter and once caught a bird from my blueberry bush and left it in the living room for me. Another time he brought a possum in the house after I had gone to bed. My neighbor spotted him and came over to scoop him out. But the opening was not so big that anyone could crawl through.

Staff online

Members online