Does your bully?

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Just wondering if other bully’s do what Dudley used to do and now Wesley also does it :w00t:

When we give him a chew it doesn’t matter what it is, he’s currently enjoying goat, rabbit and camel chews but literally the second he manages to almost get the whole thing in his mouth he immediately tries to swallow it!!

This often results in him gagging and throwing it back up (although sometimes it just disappears :)

The chews he gets are 100% natural and completely digestible so its not a problem when he does swallow them but just seems like they don’t wont to break off small bits but just SWALLOW IT WHOLE AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE :D

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
What type of chews are they?
Bully's being what they are, personally, I don't give my dogs anything chewy at all as there is always the risk of it getting stuck in the throat, digestible or not. I only give them something they have to crunch before swallowing. The fact that he sometimes gags would be a big red flag for me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep,,, I literally had to put my hand down Banks throat once... and that made me always break everything I give them.

Cheli doesn’t chew at all so everything has to be small pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
They are not hard chews like rawhide (obviously he doesn’t get rawhide) they are dried goat and camel flesh also sometimes frozen duck gizzards which he does crunch a bit, don’t get me wrong he will “try” and get bits off and does succeed but he always seems like he is desperate to swallow just like Dudley was.

He is never left unattended whenever he has a chew and they are regularly changed for fresh ones, iif he gags there is generally still a lot of chew sticking out of his mouth so it is taken off him! its exactly what we did with Dudley.

He has chews that crunch but they last seconds :D and he has no interest at all in , chew roots or nyla bones.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I literally have to cut some treats into pieces for my two... they do NOT chew anything, especially Walter!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are not hard chews like rawhide (obviously he doesn’t get rawhide) they are dried goat and camel flesh also sometimes frozen duck gizzards which he does crunch a bit, don’t get me wrong he will “try” and get bits off and does succeed but he always seems like he is desperate to swallow just like Dudley was.

He is never left unattended whenever he has a chew and they are regularly changed for fresh ones, iif he gags there is generally still a lot of chew sticking out of his mouth so it is taken off him! its exactly what we did with Dudley.

He has chews that crunch but they last seconds :D and he has no interest at all in , chew roots or nyla bones.

Yep… it is so strange, like they MUST immediately swallow. I give Cheli a slice of cheese or liver and it is down before my hand is away from his mouth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Yep… it is so strange, like they MUST immediately swallow. I give Cheli a slice of cheese or liver and it is down before my hand is away from his mouth

Jax will chew his treats which is so cute watching him chomp but Louie and Ella just swallow theirs.

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names

We have friends who have a small “Cockapoo” and when she is given the same chews as Wesley she just patiently sits and chews it cutting small pieces of like she has a small pair of scissors in her mouth and eats the whole thing :D

Give one to Wesley he first throws it around like a toy then proceeds to mash it into a soggy mess which he then tries to swallow :w00t::D

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Mine do exactly the same, swallow.... gulp!

Everything gets broken into little tiny pieces now[emoji2]

Most Reactions