Help Needed! Digestive Issues

Montysmom

Oct 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Monty, Archie
Monty is 4 years old. I switched to Natures Variety Duck and Turkey several months ago and saw improvement with some skin issues, and he had much less gas. But his stools still are very soft. He just started a new bag of the food had has had very bad diarrhea for the past few days. He also just developed a couple spots on his back the size of dimes where the fur fell out. He used to get these frequently when he was eating Royal Canin. I feel like it has something to do with this bag of food. Should I try something completely different? If so, what? He seemed to do well with the first bag of the food (2 or 3 months worth), and now this. I don't want to torture him but I feel bad for him.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would take it back and see if they have another bag that is fro a different batch. It could be a bad bad. we have tried that food before and ours did well on if for a while, then Lucy started to turn red and itchy. We have been on FROMM 4 star grain free for several years now and have had good luck with it. Ours are on Game Bird now and doing well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with David.... it could be a bad bag of food. Take it back to the store and ask for a new bag..... NVI is a good food. I also feed Fromm Pork and Peas is what my guys did best on

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I added Fortiflora, which is a probiotic to both of my dogs' food. I added it when I switched them to Orijen food. Their poop was soft and now it's not. You can also add some canned pumpkin to their food to firm up poop.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.