Dental products recommendations PLEASE!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
My dog had his teeth cleaned by anesthesia free dog dental service on Saturday. However his breath is still HORRIBLE, and I need something to maintain his dental health.

What do you all use to brush the dogs teeth with??

If you donā€™t brush their teeth, what do you use and how often??

For people that give raw marrow bones, how often do you give them??
I might buy a different kind of raw marrow bone to see if he likes it(buffalo femur they are called).

And has anyone used ā€˜Leba III dental spray for dogsā€™, what is your opinion on the ingredients??

Now I just need to find something to maintain his teeth to prevent new dental issues, that he is NOT allergic to.

PLEASE If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations on the questions I asked, I would greatly appreciate it

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My dog had his teeth cleaned by anesthesia free dog dental service on Saturday. However his breath is still HORRIBLE, and I need something to maintain his dental health.

What do you all use to brush the dogs teeth with??

If you donā€™t brush their teeth, what do you use and how often??

For people that give raw marrow bones, how often do you give them??
I might buy a different kind of raw marrow bone to see if he likes it(buffalo femur they are called).

And has anyone used ā€˜Leba III dental spray for dogsā€™, what is your opinion on the ingredients??

Now I just need to find something to maintain his teeth to prevent new dental issues, that he is NOT allergic to.

PLEASE If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations on the questions I asked, I would greatly appreciate it
Only bones I give is what Iā€™ve attached. They all play with Kong toys as itā€™s rubber n rubber removes plaque. Nyala has bad breath too. She got 4 top teeth ripped out by Jakeā€™s neck. She was being nasty n bit Jake on the neck. Good old Jake the lump turned around n moved on. But her mouth/teeth were still on Jake. She had her top gums stitched up. To this day still smells n still can eat just as fast loll

Try using coconut oil. Put some on your finger or brush n go around the gums.

Attachments

• CB1027A0-C5AF-4331-A61F-C095441EBDC3.jpeg
    CB1027A0-C5AF-4331-A61F-C095441EBDC3.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 798E2684-699D-4FAC-B442-B6D8BDAF1D5C.jpeg
    798E2684-699D-4FAC-B442-B6D8BDAF1D5C.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 35
OP
B

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Only bones I give is what Iā€™ve attached. They all play with Kong toys as itā€™s rubber n rubber removes plaque. Nyala has bad breath too. She got 4 top teeth ripped out by Jakeā€™s neck. She was being nasty n bit Jake on the neck. Good old Jake the lump turned around n moved on. But her mouth/teeth were still on Jake. She had her top gums stitched up. To this day still smells n still can eat just as fast loll

Try using coconut oil. Put some on your finger or brush n go around the gums.

Thanks for your response!

Rusty is allergic to coconut oil unfortunately.

I just tried Legendary Canine Dental Powder(baking soda and peppermint), he doesnā€™t like it but he isnā€™t allergic to it, but should I be concerned about the baking soda thatā€™s in it?? Canā€™t that harm them overtime to their kidneys??

Also, how often do you give those bones??? 1 day a week or do you give it more often??

They have rubber toys like those Kong toys but they do not like them.

Since he has had flare ups of pancreatitis, can those bones cause a flare up??

Thatā€™s crazy Nyala lost those 4 teeth cause she bit Jake, hopefully Jake didnā€™t have a puncture.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She got 4 top teeth ripped out by Jakeā€™s neck. She was being nasty n bit Jake on the neck. Good old Jake the lump turned around n moved on. But her mouth/teeth were still on Jake. She had her top gums stitched up. To this day still smells n still can eat just as fast loll___:ROFLMAO: /sorry @helsonwheels had to laugh,funny,not funny!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I can not get raw bones here. My dogs have Benebones (large) that are shaped like wishbones with 3 sides. They love to chew on them and their teeth are "spotless" I guess next best thing to raw.

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
After paying $400 to have my dachshund's teeth cleaned, I found this alternative-PetzLife Oral Care Gel. So for the weiner dogs, my dalmatian and Porkchop, I used the gel every day for a week to get the removal action started. Using a dental scraper, chunks of tartar came off. The dachshunds would sit still for it. The dal and Pork did not so I relied on the chew toys and bones to knock it off. After that, gel once a week and chew toys to keep the tartar from building up. I found it worked better than the dental work from the vet. (And cheaper & breath smelled better).
https://www.pethealthandnutritioncenter.com/products/petzlife-oral-care-gel

OP
B

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
After paying $400 to have my dachshund's teeth cleaned, I found this alternative-PetzLife Oral Care Gel. So for the weiner dogs, my dalmatian and Porkchop, I used the gel every day for a week to get the removal action started. Using a dental scraper, chunks of tartar came off. The dachshunds would sit still for it. The dal and Pork did not so I relied on the chew toys and bones to knock it off. After that, gel once a week and chew toys to keep the tartar from building up. I found it worked better than the dental work from the vet. (And cheaper & breath smelled better).
https://www.pethealthandnutritioncenter.com/products/petzlife-oral-care-gel

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it.
On the website you linked it says the product is discontinued, but I looked at the other dental products that look good on their website. I will definitely look into giving them a try.

Which chew toys do you give them?
Do you give them bones?

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it.
On the website you linked it says the product is discontinued, but I looked at the other dental products that look good on their website. I will definitely look into giving them a try.

Which chew toys do you give them?
Do you give them bones?
I ordered from Amazon but it appears the company changed their product name to "VetzLife". It's on the Walmart site. I bought marrow bones for my the dachs and Porkchop. My dalmatian got a big bone. All were fresh from the grocery. (I did throw them away after a few hours.) They also had some rubber bones with little nubbies that I would put a little peanut butter on and they would chew on those. Look at the Chewy site and read reviews for other products. I found the toothbrushes a total waste of time.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
She got 4 top teeth ripped out by Jakeā€™s neck. She was being nasty n bit Jake on the neck. Good old Jake the lump turned around n moved on. But her mouth/teeth were still on Jake. She had her top gums stitched up. To this day still smells n still can eat just as fast loll___:ROFLMAO: /sorry @helsonwheels had to laugh,funny,not funny!
@Bulldog2001 im not high jacking your thread. šŸ™ƒ

@Manydogs ā€¦ā€¦.Aside from the vet billā€¦.Of course it was funnyā€¦I even gave her sh*t lolll

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online