Demented

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
I apologise in advance . First time dog owner and am really struggling. I love my eb Geoff with all my heart but am slowly losing my mind. Never did I think it would be so hard to care for another being. I think I thought it would be all picture perfect. Just needing to vent. Couple of things that are slowly driving me mad.
1, after he is fed he comes across to me and without fail will start licking my legs then move onto trying to hump my leg. I say no or off and try to push him away and then he starts barking aggressively or snaps at me.
2, or after Iā€™ve picked him up from mums and brought him home from her looking after him he does the exact same.
Why does he seem to sniff other dogs privates male or female. He is like a sex pest , straight across and wonā€™t leave the poor dogs alone.
there are many other things he does that I didnā€™t expect. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated . He is 5 1/2 months old

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
You & your mom needs to be on the same page for discipline. Heā€™s took over as the alpha n not you. Time to show him whoā€™s the boss of the household.

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Hello and hopefully we can help. Is he fixed? Also all dogs "introduce" themselves by sniffing that area.
He hasnā€™t been fixed , discussing it with the vet this morning and sheā€™s is being cautious as he is only 5 1/2 months. I get thatā€™s the way they introduce themselves but he seems to go on to long.

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
You & your mom needs to be on the same page for discipline. Heā€™s took over as the alpha n not you. Time to show him whoā€™s the boss of the household.
Iā€™ve ordered ā€œ dog training - how to be the pack leader ā€œ so hoping it gives me good information on how to get back to being the alpha in the house.

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gang has you coveredā€¦. He needs to know you are his leader

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.