Daphne Swims (sort of)

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I have very mixed feelings about putting Daphne in the pool. I do want her to learn that the life vest will hold her up and how to get to the steps. On the other hand, I don't want us or her to become complacent. We're out by the pool for hours every single day all year round. We have heat and solar heat so pool saavy is a must. I really feel torn...

https://youtu.be/bF-CMy9pyyQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
That is the CUTEST!! I guess she will have to wear her lifejacket all the time! Love that little girl!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I think your absolutely correct... It's hard to figure if you want her terrified of the pool or know what to do with it. I love water so much and love when my dogs do too... Are you going to check her w/o jacket as well?

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I think your absolutely correct... It's hard to figure if you want her terrified of the pool or know what to do with it. I love water so much and love when my dogs do too... Are you going to check her w/o jacket as well?

I'm afraid...maybe later or I'll have daughter son-in-law and husband in pool with Daphne. And I'll go in the house and put a pillow over my head until they are finished.

PS: I only like water from the deck of a crew ship.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)

We spend a lot of time out by our pool too! I wish Bella was even just a little afraid if it. But no such luck...... she is NOT at all!
Has fallen in three times already. Luckily I have been right by her to pull her out. She has come to the top paddling. I haven't given her much time to see if Shen can stay afloat yet.
I am sure once we are in it she will be too. She has fallen in while I was trying to brush it and get leaves out.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I'm afraid...maybe later or I'll have daughter son-in-law and husband in pool with Daphne. And I'll go in the house and put a pillow over my head until they are finished.

PS: I only like water from the deck of a crew ship.

That great she has a life jacket and swimming. My mother refuses to get in the pool or any other body of water and I tried teaching her to swim when I was seven. They put me through infant swimming lessons as soon as they figured out I could open the door going out to the pool since my teenage siblings were in and out that door a lot and I tried going outside with them.

Indian River County life saving crew taught lessons to kids

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh Daphne is a champion! Our Tank can swim, even without jacket, but wouldn't go in the water on his own, only with us. Pools can be tricky for bullies - my hubby used to have a bullie long ago in South Africa, perfect swimmer, but one night poor thing went out to go potty and something made him to get into the pool, may be chased an animal, and he drowned there! Despite being a perfect swimmer, he couldn't find in the darkness exit from the pool and drowned from exhaustion!

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Oh Daphne is a champion! Our Tank can swim, even without jacket, but wouldn't go in the water on his own, only with us. Pools can be tricky for bullies - my hubby used to have a bullie long ago in South Africa, perfect swimmer, but one night poor thing went out to go potty and something made him to get into the pool, may be chased an animal, and he drowned there! Despite being a perfect swimmer, he couldn't find in the darkness exit from the pool and drowned from exhaustion!

My friend Edith is from France. She had a little Shitzu named Oscar. Oscar got old, became deaf and had poor eyesight. One night she called me and was hysterical. She was speaking 3/4 French and 1/4 English. They had found Oscar floating in the pool. To this day Edith is convinced that Oscar committed suicide because he didn't like being blind. She really believes that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She wanted out.... vest is good to have when out there, but she may not want to be in just near

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
that is sooooooooooooooo cool!!! she not only swam she handled herself when bumping the edge!!! she did great!! we know she still needs watching, that's a given, but it was wonderful that at least at this time, shes a floater! so is hank, well, he was a few months back. I'm thinking that with his bulk he may not be anymore, but I'm only near water when I go to it. I think that's wonderful, and was so exciting to watch... I've seen some are swimmers, so hopfully, this will stick for her. I'm so glad your an absolute carful mom, and may have to be even more so now as she may like it too much,,, just don't let her ever out alone.. (I know that doesn't need to be said, but ya know moms, we gotta say it anyway ;)

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6eDAc0jyVrQ

My daughter took Bella in today! She can swim! Well so far anyway. Still planning getting her a vest.

She's fantastic!!! Weren't you just so proud of her and doesn't it make you feel so much better knowing she can get her to those steps to get out?

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Yes. She had swam out 3 times before I took the video. She kept going on the stairs wanting back in.
Seems to love water. She will go into her kiddie pool without any coaxing. She puts her ball in it then take it out walk around with it and then put it back in. She's a silly girl!
IMG_5149.JPG

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.