Daily poll: Have you ever taken your bully on a road trip?

Have you ever taken your bully on a road trip?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Not yet

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
d7692618a30d11977b64667634476242.jpg

(Milly sleeping in her seat on a trip)

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
we took franklin and grace just a month ago to California from PA. when we go back to visit family they will come with they did ok grace was great she slept the whole time. Franklin he wouldn't sit still and he wouldn't lay his butt down his body yes his butt no it was to funny but I'm sure if they had the whole backseat he would have been comfy I was in the backseat with them so it wasn't to much fun for anyone lol. but we made it and it wasn't to bad we would stay in a hotel during the day because it was to hot for the dogs and the car so they had great rest every day so I wasn't to worried. when we got here we were unloading everything and they jumped back in the car like they where ready to go again

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
We took Charley on a one week road trip to Yellowstone from western Washington last year. He did really well in the car, but he did have the entire back seat (he was buckled in). Two of the days we were at Yellowstone he stayed at a local kennel, so got to play. He enjoyed playing at Coeur d'Alene and lots of roadside stops. Overall good experience, except for our meals.

The challenge for us was that we weren't willing to leave him in the car while we went into restaurants so we ate lots of fast food. Yuck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
We relocated from southern California to Memphis Tennessee. Goob was great, even in the hotels. IMAG1521.jpgIMAG1535.jpgIMAG1548.jpgIMAG1550.jpg

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
No Elmo has not been on a road trip, if I count going to his Vet which is about 2 hours away.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
We have taken Raven on a two hour trip to PA and it is an ugly scene. She has such anxiety attacks. Last time I even got her some meds, they helped slightly.

MrMrsDevilDoc

Jan 30, 2014
Southern AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ally, Hank, Charlotte
I took Ally with me from NC down to FL, and then up to Atlanta before heading back to NC. She was great! She travels in her house (kennel) and she feels safe and secure in there.
I take all three to VA quite often (a 4 hour trip to Va Beach) and they are good babies!

santinomom

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Santino
As a matter of fact, this past weekend was Santino's very first road trip and he was just perfect all the way there and all the way home. We went to visit his sister(my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson) in Pennsylvania. It was about 3 1/2 hrs each way and he slept all stretched out in the back seat, which he had all to himself!!!!! He's the greatest lil traveler ever!!!!!

violetrose

Sep 2, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Logan
Logan periodically goes on road trips to grandma's (about 2 hours) and to Auntie's (another 2 hours in the other direction). He loves being in the car, particularly the convertible with the top down (although he does NOT like the goggles I try to make him wear). He is actually pretty sensible in the car, keeps his head down when we are going above 30-40mph and only stands up to look around when we are stopped at a light.

Logan enjoying the car:
2014-05-17_13-17-30_660 (2).jpg

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Bentley is my road bubby- we have been from San Diego CA to Norfolk Va , Norfolk Va to NJ and Virginia to Florida

- - - Updated - - -

Bentley is my road bubby- we have been from San Diego CA to Norfolk Va , Norfolk Va to NJ and Virginia to Florida

Lisa GS

Nov 25, 2014
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Yes! She is a fabulous traveler! She has traveled from the Central Coast of CA to Chico to drop my son off at school and to San Diego to visit my daughter. She takes over the entire back seat and doesn't usually say a word, which is very unusual for her. She loves to look out the windows to watch what is going by. Lulu is an absolute dream traveler! I wish everyone was so easy to travel with!

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
We took Charley to Yellowstone and back (western WA). He did stay at a kennel while we visited the park, but he thoroughly enjoyed the sites, smells and sounds along the way. We got him a kurgo harness and seatbelt tether to be sure he was safe.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
We tooK Raven out to the poconos twice. She is a bit of an iffy traveler so we haven't taken any long drives since. I need to get her comfortable. I have to see how Tyson does. Hoping she does better now that we have him and she has company in the car.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
April does good on land or water -she really likes to put on her lifejacket and cruise up and down the Missouri and Osage river - and she willgo anywhere by car or truck

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online