Daily poll: Do you take your bulldog to the dog park?

Do you take your bulldog to the dog park?

• Yes

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you take your bulldog to the dog park?
bullypoll.png

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
No, Ruthie doesn't do well around a whole bunch of dogs. She picks the weakest one and likes to dominate them. She gets rather aggressive around other female dogs. And she has also been attacked several times by much larger dogs and the owner did nothing about it. I just thought it would be better for us not to return because I don't want to get arrested for kicking that woman's a**. I take her to the park now behind our house where it's secluded not too many people walk and not too many dogs. She loves it there. She can chase critters and run around without her leash.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Bullie goes to the park but none of my other dogs do because they're not neutered.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I've not taken Rocco yet but I do want to. He recently finished his boosters (last month) so he can be around the other dogs. I just need to find the time as the weekends have been so busy with working on the house and visiting family. This season is definitely the best for it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
too many lazy owners..... and, well, Banks isn't too dog friendly, she is VERY hit/miss and not worth the stress to her or me

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I would of. I tried to anyways. We have one around me and I went to take Daisy and we get there and you have to have a passcode to get in...So later I go home and search online... I had no clue that you have to pay... Which is ok but I would have had to fill out papers. Take her in to the Town office and all that stuff... We just wanted to play..lol Not go through all that.. So we just go to the regular park lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Nope, no dog parks for us.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yep, all the time (before his surgery).
The dogs are well socialized and we haven't had any incidents.
As soon as the cone of shame comes off, we're going back.

sillyheadbon

Mar 8, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie Roll Schmitt
Tootsie loves the dog park! She likes to play with an American Bullie who comes there - he is about the same age as Toots and twice as big but they play really well together. Lots of growly fun. She also plays with the other dogs, but I notice she doesn't rough house as much with the non-bully breeds. I think that's probably good... I do have to watch her around kids though- when parents put their kids down on the ground in a dog park, they'd better expect someone's (mine!) dog to knock them over with kisses! She's done it twice- terrified the kids - but I assured the parents it was all in friendliness as she just likes to face kiss! She thinks that little kids are down low just for her to kiss, and nearly 40 lbs of puppy is too much for them! :-)

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
We have been going for about a month now. She loves it and gets along great with all the dogs! She's not agressive, but does like to play rough with the ones that let her. she's figuring out which ones she can play rough with and which ones she can't. For the most part, the owners as well are really great - although there are a few I don't care for. All the humans get a big kick out of how much energy she has. The only issue is that almost everytime we go, some male dog is trying to mount her! The owners are usuallly pretty good to put a stop to it though.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've never tried one, I'm to scared something will happen to him and cant afford anything to happen to him he's our only kid.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I haven't yet but I'd like to! She just finished her rounds of shots a little over a week ago and I haven't found one in our area. It has started to cool down here so we'll probably find one to take her to soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.