Help Needed! Cyst between toes. Remedies? Ointments? Anything?

Jonathan Strawser

Jul 11, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha
My Sasha had a cyst form on her back foot between her toes. I read it's common in Bulldogs. The bad thing is my Vets only suggested surgery. To me that should be a last resort. It's not big and it doesn't bother her. Another crazy thing is another one is starting to form on her other back foot between the same toe. I've never changed her food so I don't think it's food allergies. Please help. Any information would be so greatly appreciated.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Allergies could pop up at any time and allergies can also be environmental. Ella has had a couple cysts before and I just soak her paws in an epson salt bath a couple times a day for a few days. Usually dries it right up. Some people pop them but I haven’t needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My Sasha had a cyst form on her back foot between her toes. I read it's common in Bulldogs. The bad thing is my Vets only suggested surgery. To me that should be a last resort. It's not big and it doesn't bother her. Another crazy thing is another one is starting to form on her other back foot between the same toe. I've never changed her food so I don't think it's food allergies. Please help. Any information would be so greatly appreciated.

You have a vet that checks his wallet not for the dog. They know very well it comes n goes n not dangerous whatsoever.

Citty gave you great advice. I use the Bag Balm. It MUST be the one with the cow udder on the can n not the other cans. Jake gets them once in a while. I use BB n no issue. I sterilize a needle n burst them, clean them n add BB. I cover with a little sock or vet wrap. Next day they’re basically gone. Still a tad of redness but healed.

https://www.ukalcanada.com/en/teat-...3cja7lkz1mQeEDHqeWwFNAc5enTSf1-gaAqlfEALw_wcB

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Must say i have never heard any vet offering to operate on a interdigital cyst! :no:

As has already been said epsom salt to draw it out and you can also use apple cider vinegar to clean.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I used Vetericyn wound and skincare for Monty when he would get them. It worked well. Be sure to check underneath his foot between his pads as the first one of Monty's got infected and the infection spread and I didn't know. I had taken him to the vet anyway luckily and he recommended the Vetericyn.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You may need a new vet-sounds like that one is just in it for the money! Any decent vet would never recommend surgery for an interdigital cyst! Suggestions above from members are much better!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The gang has you covered…. surgery is not necessary

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
We havin same issue:(

bulldogmom420

Jun 7, 2022
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chief
I had luck with entederm, our vet prescribed it- I have also been doing this thing where I put oats into a sock and pull it over the tub faucet and let it run through the oats. I’ll fill up the tub with about an inch or two of water with the oats and my boy stands in it and soaks for a few minutes. He really likes it, it relaxes him and it cleared a lot of the inflammation. Just be sure to pat them dry thoroughly after!

Members online

No members online now.