nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION] Sully had all the classic signs of Cushing's Disease but his test never came back positive - actually, we had him tested 3 times, once in VA, once in Philly and then once again when we moved to CO (hubby is in the army so we move a bit). Up until he was 7 y/o he was a steady 51 lbs. When he passed away he was about 65 lbs - skinny legs and a huge droopy belly. We tried everything to get his weight down but nothing really worked.

He ended up having a blockage and prior to the surgery, the vet said that he has seen a lot of cases of for Cushing's and his appearance was the classic look. Long story short, Cushing's prevents the body from healing, especially the gut, so the surgery, which is successful for healthy dogs, was not successful for Sully. It was really sad for us...but the vet had told us that our daily regimen of fish oil pill helped with his inflammation, skin and nails which is why sully was able to survive without formal Cushing's treatment. The reason why Sully received a fish oil pill a day is because he had severe cat allergies and giving him the fish oil pill helped grow his fur back.

I digress, I do suggest adding that probably once a week for a dog of Missy's size. It really helped Sully with a lot of the appearance issues that come along with Cushing's

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
@Annie1991 Sully had all the classic signs of Cushing's Disease but his test never came back positive - actually, we had him tested 3 times, once in VA, once in Philly and then once again when we moved to CO (hubby is in the army so we move a bit). Up until he was 7 y/o he was a steady 51 lbs. When he passed away he was about 65 lbs - skinny legs and a huge droopy belly. We tried everything to get his weight down but nothing really worked.

He ended up having a blockage and prior to the surgery, the vet said that he has seen a lot of cases of for Cushing's and his appearance was the classic look. Long story short, Cushing's prevents the body from healing, especially the gut, so the surgery, which is successful for healthy dogs, was not successful for Sully. It was really sad for us...but the vet had told us that our daily regimen of fish oil pill helped with his inflammation, skin and nails which is why sully was able to survive without formal Cushing's treatment. The reason why Sully received a fish oil pill a day is because he had severe cat allergies and giving him the fish oil pill helped grow his fur back.

I digress, I do suggest adding that probably once a week for a dog of Missy's size. It really helped Sully with a lot of the appearance issues that come along with Cushing's

Okay, thanks for the information. I'll have to get Missy some.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Re: Curly Update: Lymphoma Treatment Advice

This us a side pic of missy now.
94340e03993eb5b8eeb25be353c33538.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N

She is usually only 5-7 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly

[MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION] here is a pic of Sully from July of last year. Classic physical systems.
e6cff9419fd4914e683b8cc0ae23a8eb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Nu, tell Stu I would like a Tommy's chili cheese hamburger located on Beverly and Rampart. Btw... Rampart Division (Adam-12 police) was located diagonally across the street but has moved. Also I would like a Hollenbeck burrito from the El Tepeyac on Evergreen in East LA. Good stuff. Yeah...I lived there for a while.....I enlisted there as well at MEPS on Wilshire Blvd.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Curly...you are still the man. You are a super laid back bully. I hope you get well soon. Mommy and Daddy love you much.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nu.... I’m so sorry to hear about Curley... you know I love that boy!! I have no experience to share but will be sending tons of positive thoughts and healing vibes to the big man!

give him a big hug from me. And, please keep us posted

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Living in beautiful Colorado has allowed us access easy access to medical grade CBD, which Curly has been on for about 2 years to treat some of his possession aggression (he gets toy aggressive and sometimes if people are over, he will get aggressive towards the other dogs if he doesn't get attention). I know there are theories that CBD/essential oils slows the progress of cancer but there are not enough research/studies to support those findings (I'm really into research because I have been working in pharma market research for 11+ years) .

He has been an otherwise healthy dog, aside from some seasonal skin allergies - every time the vet saw him, she always said that we lucked out with a very healthy EB.

I'm more or less wondering about the after Chemo - when the lymphoma comes back is it worse?

Maybe talk to his vet to up the dose?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] It is so good to see you-though I am sorry it is such sad news. You know we all here LOVE Curly, and wish the best for him. It is such a difficult decision for you.
I believe you will have to find out his quality of life-with or without chemo...Praying for Curly:pray:and all of you, to give you knowledge and strength for your decision.:heart: to you all. Lymphoma in Dogs: How CBD Can Help – Honest Paws

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] It is so good to see you-though I am sorry it is such sad news. You know we all here LOVE Curly, and wish the best for him. It is such a difficult decision for you.
I believe you will have to find out his quality of life-with or without chemo...Praying for Curly:pray:and all of you, to give you knowledge and strength for your decision.[emoji813] to you all. Lymphoma in Dogs: How CBD Can Help – Honest Paws
Thank you for the kind words. I will have some more info on Monday and will keep everyone posted on our final decision.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online