Nala1226

Mar 5, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Boo and Chongo
I just got a new puppy and was told that he has corkscrew tail and that it is causing him to poop all day. The vet told us that the pain that his tail rubbing on his behind is causing him to not be able to get in position to poop properly but I have not herd about anyone that has had the same problem with Thor dog and Iā€™m nervous that the surgery will not fix the problem and that he can never learn how to poop the right way and never be house broken. Right now he has to wear diapers when inside so that he can walk around and play. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I've never heard of a corkscrew tail causing a dog to poop all day... usually it causes bacteria to stay underneath the tail in what we refer to as a tight tail pocket. My Willow has one, and I routinely have to clean out her pocket w/a baby wipe. Can you post a pic of your dog's tail? We do have member's that have had their dog's tails removed... so it's not out of the question.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I donā€™t know if the tail is causing the all day pooping...could be something else. I would probably get a second opinion. Is your current vet knowledgeable with bulldogs? If not, that is imperative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I just got a new puppy and was told that he has corkscrew tail and that it is causing him to poop all day. The vet told us that the pain that his tail rubbing on his behind is causing him to not be able to get in position to poop properly but I have not herd about anyone that has had the same problem with Thor dog and Iā€™m nervous that the surgery will not fix the problem and that he can never learn how to poop the right way and never be house broken. Right now he has to wear diapers when inside so that he can walk around and play. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

I too never heard a a corkscrew tail making a dog poop all day. The logic is if a dog eats all day well then yes heā€™ll poop very often. A vet should know pooping is caused by food intake. ā€œIfā€ the vet said itā€™s itā€™s caused by the tail definitely change vets n look for a bully vet. Members here will guide you to a vet in your area. Btw what do you feed your dog, how many times a day he is fed n how much you give him and how old is he? And this has nothing to do with the tail. :)

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
Thatā€™s sounds odd.. what do you mean he poops all day? Is it normal piles of poop? Diarrhea? I have a bulldog and my sister has two.. we have discussed that two cups of food in may equal 4 cups out.. we feed twice a day, 1cup each feeding.... depending on the food, our dogs may poop 2 to 5 times a day... Cinderā€™s changes depending on what type of protein she is having as well..regardless, 5 piles of poop is a lot for two cups of food..but normal sometimes... lol...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Certainly sounds like you need to get another opinion for your dog. Unless the tail is grown into the anal opening-it should'nt cause him to be pooping "all day". He may have other problem, such as spinal injury,unable to control bowels,etc. See another Vet for opinion. [MENTION=19517]Nala1226[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

please find a bulldog savvy vet and get a second opinion.

where are you located, we may have one our members recommended list

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.