Cooper Has Been Re-homed

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hello EBN. Last week, my wife and I were blessed with the re-homing of Cooper (please see https://www.englishbulldognews.com/threads/need-advice-dog-and-baby-related.63663/ ). I will say that the owners did not want to give up Cooper and they tried (in my book) everything they could to keep him. They took him to their Vet who did a work-up, they hired a trainer, and they took him to a behaviorist. As a a last resort, the family contacted @2BullyMama who reached out to me to re-home Cooper as she knew I was applying to adopt from Bullies to the Rescue. My wife and I drove to PA and met the owners and met Cooper. He seemed to like us so my wife and I discussed re-homing Cooper on the way to York, PA to see my Army buddy while stationed in Korea 1973-1974 and give him a hat from our unit 4th Squadron 7th Calvary (Garry Owen Sir--Custer's old Regiment...es I'm an old fart).

The owners drove down from PA 9/1 after we returned from our trip to Texas and brought C-man to us. Cooper is a beautiful tri-colored 3.5 year old neutered male. He is very sweet and is tolerating our neighbors well (although I told him about one neighbor he could bite). He is barking but only when his ball-ball goes under the couch or he can't reach it (Cooper is a ball junkie), when dogs bark on TV, and when someone knocks on the door. He has a big appetite and chows down at meal times. He has triggers if you read the above link. My wife and I will try to socialize more with my one neighbor who has 2 dogs, Pepper and Ziggy and take him to PetSmart and stand in the door way.

The owners of Cooper are now a part of our extended family and have extended an invitation to babysit Cooper should my wife and I need to travel. We graciously thank the owners for bringing Cooper to our home and hearts.

Attachments

• 20220902_085611.jpg
    20220902_085611.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 102
  • 20220901_174910.jpg
    20220901_174910.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 105

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Job well done, Roger! Coop is a handsome boy. I hope all goes well with the new acquisition, yours and his!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Job well done, Roger! Coop is a handsome boy. I hope all goes well with the new acquisition, yours and his!
Good afternoon Chip, @benny mentioned a bulldog round up at the Howard County Fairgrounds October 14-16. We are planning to attend and hopefully meet @benny and his bully.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Good afternoon Chip, @benny mentioned a bulldog round up at the Howard County Fairgrounds October 14-16. We are planning to attend and hopefully meet @benny and his bully.
3 Regular all-breed AKC shows and 3 BCA Bulldog specialty shows by the Baltimore club Chesapeake Bulldog Club (which I'm also looking into joining along with the Capital Bulldog Club)

The shows are free to attend, sometimes they charge for parking

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
3 Regular all-breed AKC shows and 3 BCA Bulldog specialty shows by the Baltimore club Chesapeake Bulldog Club (which I'm also looking into joining along with the Capital Bulldog Club)

The shows are free to attend, sometimes they charge for parking
I am actually a dog show person myself and dog shows are a great way to meet other bulldog people and see some great, healthy bulldogs! I am a member of BCA as well as the Division V Secretary...you should definitely join both BCA and your local dog club! I was the show chair for my local club's specialty shows in August.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Hello EBN. Last week, my wife and I were blessed with the re-homing of Cooper (please see https://www.englishbulldognews.com/threads/need-advice-dog-and-baby-related.63663/ ). I will say that the owners did not want to give up Cooper and they tried (in my book) everything they could to keep him. They took him to their Vet who did a work-up, they hired a trainer, and they took him to a behaviorist. As a a last resort, the family contacted @2BullyMama who reached out to me to re-home Cooper as she knew I was applying to adopt from Bullies to the Rescue. My wife and I drove to PA and met the owners and met Cooper. He seemed to like us so my wife and I discussed re-homing Cooper on the way to York, PA to see my Army buddy while stationed in Korea 1973-1974 and give him a hat from our unit 4th Squadron 7th Calvary (Garry Owen Sir--Custer's old Regiment...es I'm an old fart).

The owners drove down from PA 9/1 after we returned from our trip to Texas and brought C-man to us. Cooper is a beautiful tri-colored 3.5 year old neutered male. He is very sweet and is tolerating our neighbors well (although I told him about one neighbor he could bite). He is barking but only when his ball-ball goes under the couch or he can't reach it (Cooper is a ball junkie), when dogs bark on TV, and when someone knocks on the door. He has a big appetite and chows down at meal times. He has triggers if you read the above link. My wife and I will try to socialize more with my one neighbor who has 2 dogs, Pepper and Ziggy and take him to PetSmart and stand in the door way.

The owners of Cooper are now a part of our extended family and have extended an invitation to babysit Cooper should my wife and I need to travel. We graciously thank the owners for bringing Cooper to our home and hearts.
Congrats RJ

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I saw that. Unfortunately, we will be in Oak Island for nearly the entire month. We will, however, be in Rehoboth Beach, DE for the annual Sea Witch festival at the end of October. This used to be our biggest fund-raising event but with COVID still being a threat to public health we decided that our kissing booth could be a vehicle for spread. We(probably about 20 of us in the OTR Rescue family) go to Sea Witch now just for the fun of it...and there will be plenty of Bulldogs. If you or anyone else is interested in attending please PM me for details.
Sea Witch Fest

We also plan to be at Port City Brewing for their annual
Dogtoberfest
Oct 01, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Port City Brewing Company, 3950 Wheeler Ave, Alexandria, VA 22304, USA
Port City Brewing will go to the dogs to start October when they host our Dogtoberfest event on Saturday, October 1.

This is a special event for us and will likely be our only fund-raising event of the year.
Hope to see any EBN member that can make it.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
I saw that. Unfortunately, we will be in Oak Island for nearly the entire month. We will, however, be in Rehoboth Beach, DE for the annual Sea Witch festival at the end of October. This used to be our biggest fund-raising event but with COVID still being a threat to public health we decided that our kissing booth could be a vehicle for spread. We(probably about 20 of us in the OTR Rescue family) go to Sea Witch now just for the fun of it...and there will be plenty of Bulldogs. If you or anyone else is interested in attending please PM me for details.
Sea Witch Fest

Dogtoberfest
Port City Brewing will go to the dogs to start October when they host our Dogtoberfest event on Saturday, October 1.

This is a special event for us and will likely be our only fund-raising event of the year.
Shoot! I will be out of town for sea witch fest. :(

Last edited:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Shoot! I will be out of town for sea witch fest. :(
That's a shame...it's a great festival. BTW, I stole my wife from Frederick, MD. She pretty much ran On the Rebound Bulldog Rescue from there for many years. We love Baker Park...there's nothing quite like it here in SE VA

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sea Witch Fest

Dogtoberfest

This too sounds great!

handsomedan

Apr 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dan and Auggie
Sea Witch Fest

Dogtoberfest

Are you apart of the DC Bulldog meetup group? It's a fun group! They're having their annual Halloween meetup on October 22!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Are you apart of the DC Bulldog meetup group? It's a fun group! They're having their annual Halloween meetup on October 22!
No but wr wrny down there for a meet with g8erjackie right after Jewel came off of injured reserve for a TPLO surgery.
Geez too bad I’m far.

Congrat Roger. Cooper is in great hands‼️
Sorry about Jer Majesty the Queen

Most Reactions