Chum and Hershey happy update!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I am happy to say the two boys are having absolutely no problem getting along now after just a few days. hershey really is so gentle and very skittish..every little noise makes him run away..which really surprises me because the firstday here he stood his ground with Chumley. I couldnt be happier with how things are progressing! Here are a few pictures over the last 2 days...
just relaxing on the lawn not really paying much attention to each other! chumhersh1.jpghersh6.jpg
here are the 2 beggars trying to get osme scraps of food!chumhersh2.jpg

i inflated this slide/pool for my grandsons birthday party next week and hershey wasted no time jumping right in! Chum wont go anywhere near water so im going to have to get a lifevest for hershey fo when hes aorund the pool.
hersh5.jpgi chumhersh3.jpg

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
So glad they are getting a long what great pics and what a pool whats not to love

shamrock13

Sep 4, 2013
Absecon, New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
I have been following your story regarding taking in Hershey. You are a wonderful and caring human being Jim. I love the pics, and my gut is telling me these two will become best of friends and inseparable soon. They are both adorable bullies. Shamrock13 and Hooch

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh wow!! This is GREAT NEWS! Those are fantastic pics. Really happy things are smoothing out. Chum is such a doll in that second pic!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww the pictures are so adorable, and great news, I'm so glad that they are getting along and things are working out.
That's an awesome pool. Your grandson is going to have a blast.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What fantastic news... I was hoping the weekend was going well, glad to here it is settling down for Hershey and the boys are sharing space. How is the sleeping part going?

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Yeah!!!! The pics are great and they look like best buds already! You're such an angel for taking him in and I'm sure it just took a couple days of settling.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww… I'm so happy for you Jim, things seem to be working out so well for you guys!!! :w00t: How is Hershey handling being around all the kids? I can't tell you how thrilled I am for you… I see them becoming best friends REAL soon!!!

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Funny you should mention that [MENTION=1251]Tracey[/MENTION]. He was doing great with the kids and we've been keeping a close eye on him. I haven't been going to work so I can hover over him..we had some friends over today and they brought their 3 yr. old son...Hershey was giving him kisses and the kid turned and ran away and Hershey pounced on him from behind and got a little "amorous" I guess you would say...so that's something well have to watch.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
@chumely great pics and Fantastic news !!!!!!Love getting the updates, so glad things are going so well, they look like best buddies!

We have small children around all the the time not just mine and I train the kids LOL to NOT run around Bazza because he copies them, if they run he runs, if they play ball he plays ball, if they are calm he is calm, s, if they want to run around Bazza has to be separated from them because who will do exactly what Hershey does he will pounce on them just because he is so playful.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I just love seeing these pics!!! They are so adorable together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene Funny you should mention that @Tracey. He was doing great with the kids and we've been keeping a close eye on him. I haven't been going to work so I can hover over him..we had some friends over today and they brought their 3 yr. old son...Hershey was giving him kisses and the kid turned and ran away and Hershey pounced on him from behind and got a little "amorous" I guess you would say...so that's something well have to watch.

OH BOY!!! Making friends already… LOL :facepalm2:

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
[MENTION=9179]Bazza[/MENTION] that is exactly what is happening..the kids my wife watches are spoiled because Chumley allows them to do anything with no reaction and I keep stopping it because one day they'll do it to the wrong dog...Hershey is just reacting normally..like any dog would.l.its the kids I have to train lol.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Great news so happy to see Hershey settling in so well! Thankful for you being there for Hershey and taking him in.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
What a beautiful story, just when I thought it couldn't get any better it does!!!! Yaaaahhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online