Cherry Eye

amanda584

Feb 11, 2024
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Monty
Frank just turned 8 months old and has had issues with cherry eye since he was a baby. Our other bulldog never had this problem, so I did some research and have been able to massage this back into place without issue every time. When I mentioned this to his vet, she feels he should have surgery to fix this issue when he goes in to be neutered.

Iā€™m not sure I agree itā€™s necessary right now and if it is, I definitely would want surgery done at an office that has a lot of experience even if this means we need to travel.

Her rationale is that he would only need anesthesia once, which makes sense, but is it really necessary right now when itā€™s been easily rectified?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!
Our 10 month old bully had suffered with cherry eye in both eyes. It began at 4 months old and In his case, they were protruding quite prominently and causing eye infections. We, and the vet, had zero success massaging them back into place.

Whilst surgery was šŸ’Æ necessary ( and very successful) in his case, I would agree that if you are able to massage back in, and itā€™s not causing any other issues, no reason to rush into surgery.

Good luck!

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
Our 10 month old bully had suffered with cherry eye in both eyes. It began at 4 months old and In his case, they were protruding quite prominently and causing eye infections. We, and the vet, had zero success massaging them back into place.

Whilst surgery was šŸ’Æ necessary ( and very successful) in his case, I would agree that if you are able to massage back in, and itā€™s not causing any other issues, no reason to rush into surgery.

Good luck!
I totally agree! Gunny had a cherry eye in his left eye. He had surgery for his eye, but we opted to do both of his eyes. I donā€™t like the outcome but his vet says he looks good.

Members online

No members online now.