Cherry eye removal

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
We got our 14 wk old EB Chiefā€™s cherry eye removed yesterday. Anyone else had the cherry eye removal and it still looks like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It takes a few days for it to settleā€¦ have you checked with the vet

Sugarlumps2177

Jun 4, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter & Ally
I had mine done and it was a little swollen for a few days. Is you bully not wearing the cone of shame? Also curious did you have his cheery eye removed or stitched down?

Dave Rose

Aug 3, 2022
Country
Great britain
Bulldog(s) Names
Sid
We got our 14 wk old EB Chiefā€™s cherry eye removed yesterday. Anyone else had the cherry eye removal and it still looks like this?
Hi my beloved Sid went in to have his cherry eye operate yesterday 2nd of august we picked him up at 4 pm he was rasping and making noises from his throat the vet said he has a very small windpipe and has a sore throat from were they put the tube down gave us his medicine told us wot to do he ate a little bit of food but was still making the noises so we assumed it was his sore throat put him to bed we got up this morning he was being sick and coughing up blood we rushed him to an emergency vet weā€™re he passed away we was told they scratched his windpipe and his lungs filled with blood Iā€™m now thinking was it a sore throat or was he swallowing his own blood were just wondering if any one else has been or heard of this our baby boy was 15 weeks old and we as a family are devastated

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi my beloved Sid went in to have his cherry eye operate yesterday 2nd of august we picked him up at 4 pm he was rasping and making noises from his throat the vet said he has a very small windpipe and has a sore throat from were they put the tube down gave us his medicine told us wot to do he ate a little bit of food but was still making the noises so we assumed it was his sore throat put him to bed we got up this morning he was being sick and coughing up blood we rushed him to an emergency vet weā€™re he passed away we was told they scratched his windpipe and his lungs filled with blood Iā€™m now thinking was it a sore throat or was he swallowing his own blood were just wondering if any one else has been or heard of this our baby boy was 15 weeks old and we as a family are devastated
So very sorry for your loss and this happeningā€¦ it unfortunately can happen especially if the vet is not experienced or familiar with ā€˜flat facedā€™ breeds. Here on EBN we had many losses during or after surgery. Having a bulldog experienced vet is imperative when doing any type of surgery.

Again very sorry for the loss of your baby

Dave Rose

Aug 3, 2022
Country
Great britain
Bulldog(s) Names
Sid
So very sorry for your loss and this happeningā€¦ it unfortunately can happen especially if the vet is not experienced or familiar with ā€˜flat facedā€™ breeds. Here on EBN we had many losses during or after surgery. Having a bulldog experienced vet is imperative when doing any type of surgery.

Again very sorry for the loss of your baby
The vet told us they had done this operation before on bulldogs were just in shock with what has happened

OP
TxMom2

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
Oh no that breaks my heart I am so sorry that happened šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
I thought the cherry eye was never removed because it can cause dry eye and the dog has to be on meds forever? I thought all you can do is either have it replaced or tucked/sewed down. I use my thumb to push the cherry eye back in. I push downward on the cherry eye, inward and then out to the side. The longer you leave it out the better chance it will keep popping out. Unfortunately, I learned that after I had my dogs right eye tucked. When her left eye comes out, I push it back in right away. It does not hurt her.

Members online