Charlottes limping terribly

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
Worst limp I've seen yet- she occasionally limps day after high activity. But today she seems to be lifting her back left leg and/or barely putting weight down. I palpated her paw pads, toes and legs nothing obvious other than it hurts her. She starts nipping when I touch her. Not sure what or when it happen we haven't left the apartment other than her walks, yesterday she had an episode of the "zoomies" and we accidentally left her out of her pen last night... Maybe she had a party and got hurt!?

Anything to look for? Will a a bath help soothe?

Working on keeping her resting and still other than potty walks. :w00t:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
First, I would keep her inactive as possible (i.e.limit her activity...no running jumping etc.). Try to palpate her knee and she is she shows any signs of distress. What you are describing is exactly what Jewel had...torn ACL. You need to see your vet ASAP. If Ms. Charlotte has a positive "Drawer Sign," then it is definitely an AL issue. X-rays will not pick-up a torn ACL because the ACL is soft tissue but then again there maybe a fracture which in most cases will show on an x-ray. Fingers, toes, and paws are crossed that it is nothing serious as I have mentioned.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor baby :( no experience with this I'm sorry but Murray and I are sending hugs, healing thoughts and prayers your way!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
First, I would keep her inactive as possible (i.e.limit her activity...no running jumping etc.). Try to palpate her knee and she is she shows any signs of distress. What you are describing is exactly what Jewel had...torn ACL. You need to see your vet ASAP. If Ms. Charlotte has a positive "Drawer Sign," then it is definitely an AL issue. X-rays will not pick-up a torn ACL because the ACL is soft tissue but then again there maybe a fracture which in most cases will show on an x-ray. Fingers, toes, and paws are crossed that it is nothing serious as I have mentioned.

:goodpost: I agree, if she is nipping at you she is in pain… I would contact a vet immediately and restrict her activity.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
That's what happened to our Sadie when she tore her ACL. Vet visit is in order ASAP and restrict her movements until then. Poor baby.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I agree with the others - I've been through two torn ACLs with my bullies and that's what is sounds like to me. Better get into the vet. Poor girl...hang in there!

OP
Miss Charlotte

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
Hello everyone! Thank you for all the input. Today's update- after strict activity limitations all day yesterday, Charlotte is hardly limping today but more importantly she is weight bearing!
Earliest Vet appt I can get is Tuesday but I'm hoping this is Charlotte being dramatic and not a serious injury. Would she be weight bearing today if it was a torn ACL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, sometimes the ACL can be on/off weight bearing--- best to keep that vet appointment and her on strict rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online