CBD Oil might be working!

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
I inquired recently about CBD oil as an alternative to carprofen & other meds, that heā€™s been on for 2 years. Porkchop has spinal bone spurs, causing him much discomfort and his hind legs to get wobbly sometimes. Heā€™s a bit arthritic too, being almost 9 yrs old. Someone here mentioned success and I ordered a bottle from DogNaturally. Maybe itā€™s illusionary but maybe not, but after 4 days of oral drops, Porkchop has started playing again, chasing his toys, wrestling with his ā€˜chew blanketsā€™, and barking at squirrels! Caveat today though-I had to go out of town the last 2 days & didnā€™t bring his drops to the sitterā€™s. (Didnā€™t want to risk the bottle getting lost.) When I picked him up today, he was not bouncy. Now that I can start the drops again, Iā€™m going to see if he perks up soon, sort of a test to see if this relief could be real.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I hope you find that itā€™s real! Please let us know what you discover.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I inquired recently about CBD oil as an alternative to carprofen & other meds, that heā€™s been on for 2 years. Porkchop has spinal bone spurs, causing him much discomfort and his hind legs to get wobbly sometimes. Heā€™s a bit arthritic too, being almost 9 yrs old. Someone here mentioned success and I ordered a bottle from DogNaturally. Maybe itā€™s illusionary but maybe not, but after 4 days of oral drops, Porkchop has started playing again, chasing his toys, wrestling with his ā€˜chew blanketsā€™, and barking at squirrels! Caveat today though-I had to go out of town the last 2 days & didnā€™t bring his drops to the sitterā€™s. (Didnā€™t want to risk the bottle getting lost.) When I picked him up today, he was not bouncy. Now that I can start the drops again, Iā€™m going to see if he perks up soon, sort of a test to see if this relief could be real.

Iā€™m all for CDB oil. Even for humans. All the studies coming out with great success is amazing.
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Iā€™m also a fan of CBD oil and use it twice a day on Jax for maintenance. Iā€™ve heard so many positive stories about it and I really do think itā€™s a great alternative to some medications. Sometimes you have to play around with the dosage to find what works since there is no actual dosing but just a ranged.

Please keep us posted as this is great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
great news! Please keep us posted on his results... love to hear success stories!

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
So after 2 days of no CBD, Porkchop is back on the CBD oil and after a couple of days, he was in Tigger mode again. I am 95% confident it is the CBD oil. His rear end is still wobbly but that's par for his condition. That he is MOVING without showing signs of pain or stiffness is what I'm observing.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=5840]paw7004[/MENTION] That is great news for Porkchop! I hope his pain control continues,and he can feel better,and enjoy life more!!:yes:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So after 2 days of no CBD, Porkchop is back on the CBD oil and after a couple of days, he was in Tigger mode again. I am 95% confident it is the CBD oil. His rear end is still wobbly but that's par for his condition. That he is MOVING without showing signs of pain or stiffness is what I'm observing.

You got youā€™re proof right there.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
CBD oil sounds great. I think you really have to know what you are buying though and as we all know, there are always fakes out there. My sister watched a program where only 3 out of 13 tested were what they were supposed to be. I believe Dogs Naturally has a good reputation and what you bought has helped Porkchop so a good outcome! I just wish they would regulate all this stuff, vitamins etc. It would make life so much easier!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
CBD oil sounds great. I think you really have to know what you are buying though and as we all know, there are always fakes out there. My sister watched a program where only 3 out of 13 tested were what they were supposed to be. I believe Dogs Naturally has a good reputation and what you bought has helped Porkchop so a good outcome! I just wish they would regulate all this stuff, vitamins etc. It would make life so much easier!

Agreed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rew1

Apr 6, 2023
Country
Toronto
Bulldog(s) Names
Ray
Hey there! I stumbled upon your post and just had to share my experience with CBD oil for pain relief. I use it for myself, but after reading your story about Porkchop, I'm considering giving it to my dog too. It's amazing to hear how much it's helped him already! I've been using CBD for a while now and have noticed a big difference in my own pain levels and overall mood. It's great to hear that it's working for your furry friend too. Thanks for sharing your story, and I hope Porkchop continues to feel better! Also, I discovered an interesting article about CBD oil that you might want to check out: https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/heres-what-makes-this-200-year-old-heirloom-best-cbd-for-relief/

Last edited:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.