Cant keep water down

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
Hello everyone. So Im concerned about my dog Chapo. Every time he drinks water. He throws it back up. I have to give him a quarter of a cup at a time. Do you know what this is about? Have any of you experienced this with your bulldogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
Hello everyone. So Im concerned about my dog Chapo. Every time he drinks water. He throws it back up. I have to give him a quarter of a cup at a time. Do you know what this is about? Have any of you experienced this with your bulldogs?

i went through something similar recently. Turned out my dog had severe allergies inflamming her throat and palette. The concerns then were: obstruction, pneumonia, esophagus, stomach bug. Thankfully she was not dehydrated since I acted early. I would go to the vet to rule out the biggies. I ended up on prednisone and she is much better.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

How is Chapo doing?

OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
i went through something similar recently. Turned out my dog had severe allergies inflamming her throat and palette. The concerns then were: obstruction, pneumonia, esophagus, stomach bug. Thankfully she was not dehydrated since I acted early. I would go to the vet to rule out the biggies. I ended up on prednisone and she is much better.

Thank you so much

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
One of our current rescues would do this if we didn't slow him down. Keep limiting how much he takes in at one time. Speak to your Vet about it when you see him next.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hes doing okay except for throwing up water when he drinks too much of it

I would definitely have a discussion with your vet... just to make sure nothing serious is going on. Sometimes, dogs will over drink water when they do not feel well which cause them to vomit.

OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
One of our current rescues would do this if we didn't slow him down. Keep limiting how much he takes in at one time. Speak to your Vet about it when you see him next.

Yes I agree. I have him half a quarter of a cup and he holds it down. I do this about 3 times for one serving. I will take him to the Vet this week.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would get him to the vet... it could mean so many different things.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
It could be something as simple as drinking too fast especially as he doesn't do it if he is limited. My dachshund does it so we try to slow him down. It would be good to have him checked though to be on the safe side.

Members online

No members online now.