Can anyone tell me the type of bulldog I bought?

ziddy

May 28, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ben
Hi, I bought a bulldog last week from classified from a family near were I live. My dog is 3 years old, they said it was an old tyme bulldog, but they gave me a registration paper from the new england bull breed registry which says the breed is old english bulldog. What is the difference? I have seen that there are different types of old tyme bulldogs, dorset, alystone etc etc or a olde english bulldog, leavitt bulldog. I have uploaded a picture anyone know the strain of bulldog mine is from the picture ? He weighs 34 kg and is 60 cm high. Any feedback would be great, thanks.

Attachments

• 20220525_195341.jpg
    20220525_195341.jpg
    847 KB · Views: 110

Spanky

May 30, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi, I bought a bulldog last week from classified from a family near were I live. My dog is 3 years old, they said it was an old tyme bulldog, but they gave me a registration paper from the new england bull breed registry which says the breed is old english bulldog. What is the difference? I have seen that there are different types of old tyme bulldogs, dorset, alystone etc etc or a olde english bulldog, leavitt bulldog. I have uploaded a picture anyone know the strain of bulldog mine is from the picture ? He weighs 34 kg and is 60 cm high. Any feedback would be great, thanks.
Looks like a Olde BullDogge

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
That's a Cute bulldog. It's the kind that will love you to pieces. :love:

OP
Z

ziddy

May 28, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ben
Looks like a Olde BullDogge
Yeah, it says old english bulldog on the registry papers I got with him. So I'm assuming that it must be an olde bulldogge.

OP
Z

ziddy

May 28, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ben
That's a Cute bulldog. It's the kind that will love you to pieces. :love:
I had boxers before hand, I cannot believe how calm and easy going he is tbh no where near as hyper as a boxer.

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
He looks so cute Omgggg 🥰😍😍😍😍

I dk what kinda bulldog, maybe old English though from the picture. If he’s 3 years old he must be full grown. He’s adorable! Enjoy 😊

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
It's my understanding that "English Bulldogs" have short legs and "Old English Bulldogs" have slightly longer legs than the "English Bulldogs". Not much more difference between the two. He's a good looking bullyboy. Have fun with that fella.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed… ole English

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.