Bulldog proof dog bed ?

kyredneck

Mar 20, 2021
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
Any suggestions for a dog bed that’s “Bully Proof” ? Levi loves his beds but,, if there is any flaw in a bed at all that he can make a small incision with those 5 sharp little front teeth,, he’s gonna find it. I mean if there is a thread hanging out he will find a way to dissect it till he can get at the bed filling,, he is so dang sneaky when he does it. lol
I have been through 6 beds so far and all in the $50 - $100 range. He turned 13 months today so hoping he will grow out of doing this soon

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I recently bought two from mypillow.com ... the boys love them. In fact Lambeau always chooses the couch or our bed over a dog bed, but he does actually use these on a daily basis when I’m in my office. They are very well made and the cover is removable to place in washer as is the bedding. There are discount codes to get like 60% off.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This thread makes me laugh... Walter goes thru beds like changing the TP roll :giggle: I have bought the expensive ones, cheap ones, indestructible... YOU name it!!! I finally resigned myself to go to the discount stores (TJ Maxx) and now we are down to 3 beds a year.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
If you have the budget, look up K9 Ballistics. We had to get Ellie a Crate pad from there when she was a puppy. Worked Extremely well, and they honor their warranty. Good Luck

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This thread makes me laugh... Walter goes thru beds like changing the TP roll :giggle: I have bought the expensive ones, cheap ones, indestructible... YOU name it!!! I finally resigned myself to go to the discount stores (TJ Maxx) and now we are down to 3 beds a year.

Wasn’t you that bought the Calming Bed n immediately ripped it?

OP
kyredneck

kyredneck

Mar 20, 2021
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
Wasn’t you that bought the Calming Bed n immediately ripped it?

Now that’s funny right there ��,, I reckon the “calming” part didn’t work ? lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Any suggestions for a dog bed that’s “Bully Proof” ? Levi loves his beds but,, if there is any flaw in a bed at all that he can make a small incision with those 5 sharp little front teeth,, he’s gonna find it. I mean if there is a thread hanging out he will find a way to dissect it till he can get at the bed filling,, he is so dang sneaky when he does it. lol
I have been through 6 beds so far and all in the $50 - $100 range. He turned 13 months today so hoping he will grow out of doing this soon

I bought mine at Costco the big round ones a while ago. My daughter in-law made me a Coverslip n so easy to replace n wash. Then I got a brilliant idea n told her to make a few so I can sell them for her. They were flying like hot cakes. What I can suggest to you is get a spray bottle that holds approximately 2 cups, fill 3/4 of water, add 10drops of lavender, 10 of lemongrass n 5 of tea tree. Shake well n spray the bed. Jake had a bad habit licking the bed. I spray n the licking stopped. Maybe the chewing will. I can’t promise you either.

My Coverslips..
8AAF2485-4A2B-4E87-8054-0581F6559CA5.jpeg97AE549E-5A8B-46E2-8283-5561816680B9.jpeg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I bought mine at Costco the big round ones a while ago. My daughter in-law made me a Coverslip n so easy to replace n wash. Then I got a brilliant idea n told her to make a few so I can sell them for her. They were flying like hot cakes. What I can suggest to you is get a spray bottle that holds approximately 2 cups, fill 3/4 of water, add 10drops of lavender, 10 of lemongrass n 5 of tea tree. Shake well n spray the bed. Jake had a bad habit licking the bed. I spray n the licking stopped. Maybe the chewing will. I can’t promise you either.

My Coverslips..
View attachment 120827View attachment 120828

Your floors and fireplace stone are beautiful

Nice beds too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

My Coverslips..
View attachment 120827View attachment 120828

The pillow slips are Beautiful

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Is there such a thing as a Bully Proof Bed? Lol. When Blossom and Dozer were younger, and from a puppy, they both couldn't have any soft materials. They would chew the stuffing out of their pillows, and try to eat their beds and blankets.
Dozer was very much a textile eater, he loved toilet paper, paper towel, bras, panties, towels, and his favourite was socks.
He swallowed 4 socks from my grandson, in his 1st year. We just never gave them beds or pillows after that. Now that Blossom is 9 years old, she doesn't chew anything anymore, and I bought her a new bed last week from Costco. I thought I'd try her with it, because shelves okder, and I want her to be comfortable. She loves her bed, but I'm still watching her closely, to make sure she isn't chewing her bed, so far, so good, she hasn't so much as licked it. We are in a Lock Down, and Stay At Home Order until at least May 20th, so won't be going out much, except for essentials, and going for walks, so I'll be able to watch her, but I will remove her bed when we go out for a longer time, just in case she would get bored when alone, and chew her bed. Good luck finding a Bully Proof Bed.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Your floors and fireplace stone are beautiful

Nice beds too

That’s my son’s place. He just sold this 40 acres which he build n planned this house. Beautiful mansion but too big for 2. Basically it was an investment so he can buy another acreage but smaller, put $$ in the bank. It just sold n now bought 5 acres with a log house. To be honest I like better what they just bought. More on the mid-evil side. Beautiful old solid thick doors, cabinets, slate floors... This fireplace is the sales pitch for the Coverslips

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That’s my son’s place. He just sold this 40 acres which he build n planned this house. Beautiful mansion but too big for 2. Basically it was an investment so he can buy another acreage but smaller, put $$ in the bank. It just sold n now bought 5 acres with a log house. To be honest I like better what they just bought. More on the mid-evil side. Beautiful old solid thick doors, cabinets, slate floors... This fireplace is the sales pitch for the Coverslips

DAMN good pitch

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online