Blue Wilderness Vs Fromm... Thinking of switching

TimPiro

Sep 14, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Hi everyone.

Right now I feed Bowser Blue Wilderness Duck flavor. It gets the job done better than all other foods we have tried.

but I've always wanted to try Fromm, after reading many positive reviews. I recently found a store right next to my house that sells it.

my question is, is it worth it to try out? It's about the same price, and I feel Bowser could use a switch in his diet, I just want to here some positive feed back on Fromm... or some negative.

Thanks everyone!

OP
T

TimPiro

Sep 14, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
I've also read some reviews that Fromm has caused darker tear stains.... This is the last thing I want. is this true about fromm?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I feed my bulldogs Bella and Winston Blue Buffalo, and although they seem to do ok on it the gas and loose stools was a constant issue. I switched to Fromm's and it was a complete game changer for them. I have not noticed a tear staining issue w/my pups either...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm not a fan of Blue products due to too many recalls, but if your Bowser is doing well... do break what isn!t broken. Unless an issue develops, which can on any food leave it be.

my boy has tear stains, but I think it is from allergies causing his eyes to always water

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I agree with 2BullyMama. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I went through that merry-go-round and regretted it big time. Several foods later and nearly pulling all my hair out, things seem to be going well again. If something should come up, then by all means change.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Not much of a fan on either brand and nothing is wrong with them either..... Im more for orijen or acana. And yes....dont mess with the food if it works.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
The ingredients look good but if I picked the right dog food on dog food advisor https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/blue-buffalo-dog-food-wilderness-dry/, it looks like it's had a lot of recalls, even more than diamond:
Blue Buffalo Dog Food Recall of March 2017 (3/3/2017)
Blue Buffalo Dog Food Recall of February 2017 (2/14/2017)
Blue Buffalo Dog Food Recall of May 2016 (5/31/2016)
Blue Buffalo Dog Chews Recall of November 2015 (11/25/2015)
Blue Buffalo Dog Food Recall (10/8/2010)

OP
T

TimPiro

Sep 14, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Thank you all for the responses.

I didn't know blue had so many recalls, that is deff something i will have to consider.

I hate doing the food shuffle, it always seems like one problem will be solved, but replaced by another.

Bowser use to have fairly bad tear stains but after switching food they are now barely noticeable, so i'd hate for them to show back up if i do switch.

You all have been very helpful, I'll continue to do some research before deciding on anything... and like many of you have said, It's not broke so i'm in no rush to fix it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.