Blood in stool

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
NO it's not dark blood....so dont panick! This is really odd. Duke the new little squirt, there's red blood in his poop. He keeps having diarrhea but sometimes stays soft as i keep giving pumpkin. Breeder gave me his food he's been eating...frozen raw beef, chicken acana, frozen tripe. Im weaning him off the raw n tripe. I want him on honest kitchen. I have no issues with Nyala on HK and dont feel like making 20 meals. Nothing has changed, he plays, he eats well, drinks alot. Does what a puppy should do plus he's makes sure he's a pain in the royal butt. Lol . Sometimes hes outside eating grass or twigs so im sure times missed some in his mouth. Sorry for the graphic stool photo. Any ideas?

fb9906d3e10202436095f94fa6875cdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Some causes of blood in stool are coccidiosis, whipworms, hookworms,roundworms. Colitis is also possible,but usually caused by stress. If my Carlie ate food with grain in it,she would get blood in her stools,but I know you don't feed that. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Some causes of blood in stool are coccidiosis, whipworms, hookworms,roundworms. Colitis is also possible,but usually caused by stress. If my Carlie ate food with grain in it,she would get blood in her stools,but I know you don't feed that. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

All breeder's pups before going to anyone are vet checked, all shots up to date etc. The only kibble he has for now is Acana. The stool is very bright red too, slimy. Colitis canebe the issue. Will have him checked out no matter what. Colitis is inflammation of the colon but can be on different issues. Hope it's not the parasite one and affects Nyala. :(

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Seem to remember something similar with Castor when he was fairly new. We gave him bland rice and chicken and it cleared up. The little Duke tummy hopefully only needs to settle down and get used to his new life.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/Lynn... I would have his stool checked for parasites.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Breeder​ just sent me an email. She 99% sure is stress. He needs to settle down n not over play. That will be fun with these 2. Will have him check anyway

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I agree with breeder. We see this often in adult dogs that come into our home. It takes days, sometimes a week or more, for them to settle in. Give probiotics too.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree with breeder. We see this often in adult dogs that come into our home. It takes days, sometimes a week or more, for them to settle in. Give probiotics too.

Yup, he's on it. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How is Duke doing? Has it cleared up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
How is Duke doing? Has it cleared up
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost. If he plays too much it will be there but not as much. Seems to be going away. Still checking da poop. Go figure, have to inspect poop!:jawdrop:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.