OP
M

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
thank you all of you for your responses!
Bulldog 2001, im buying these prbiotics right now.

Today her nose rope was very brown and it was very hard getting the desitin off. I try leaving soap on for a little to see if it would pick of some of the brown stuff but it did not. Im going to do wrinkle paste for a few days and clean twice a day. i am taking her off the prbiotics until i get this under control and then we will start with Bulldog2001's recommendations.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My guy gets this during allergy season…. Raw goats milk is my go to for probiotic along with once sometimes twice a day cleaning with witch Hazel on a cotton pad.

minton5825

Mar 11, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Spike
I clean my dogs nose rope with duoxo stufd. First I leave duoxo shampoo on her nose rope for about 10 minutes, then I wipe and try to get rid of any brown stuff(remnants of yeast), then I dry it with tissue, then I wipe it with duoxo wipes. The brown stuff keeps coming and NEVER goes away, and today I noticed a few blisters. She is on a fresh raw diet and nothing else. Why cant I get rid of this brown stuff and how can I treat the blisters?! Thanks everyone.
I have been using Huggies baby wipes natural care with cucumber and green tea. Wipe very good and then apply Boudreaux’s butt past for babies. I was told this by another bulldog owner. Works great. The smell and the sores were gone in a matter of days. I do recommend it

OP
M

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
It's been a few days, and I have been cleaning her nose rope twice a day and applying wrinkle paste. The sores have gone away but ther nose rope still gets brown every day. She is on raw duck and turkey because she is allergic to everything else. I just can't seem to get rid of thie brown stuff and if it accumulates then its get thick and packs in.

I willl start on the Four Leaf Rover yeast probiotic tomorrow. But I also noticed that the Four Leaf Rover gut probiotic has beef in it. She is allergic to beef. This is getting frustrating.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
thank you all of you for your responses!
Bulldog 2001, im buying these prbiotics right now.

Today her nose rope was very brown and it was very hard getting the desitin off. I try leaving soap on for a little to see if it would pick of some of the brown stuff but it did not. Im going to do wrinkle paste for a few days and clean twice a day. i am taking her off the prbiotics until i get this under control and then we will start with Bulldog2001's recommendations.
So have you tried fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggie? You need to understand probiotics is not a week thing but weeks n months. Once the issue is gone you still need to keep up the probiotics every other day.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
It's been a few days, and I have been cleaning her nose rope twice a day and applying wrinkle paste. The sores have gone away but ther nose rope still gets brown every day. She is on raw duck and turkey because she is allergic to everything else. I just can't seem to get rid of thie brown stuff and if it accumulates then its get thick and packs in.

I willl start on the Four Leaf Rover yeast probiotic tomorrow. But I also noticed that the Four Leaf Rover gut probiotic has beef in it. She is allergic to beef. This is getting frustrating.

Four leaf rover Gut Guard and Yeast Guard do not have beef in it neither does the Protect probiotics.

Maybe your looking at the Digest product that has bovine pancreatic enzymes.

Yeast guard would be beneficial to her for her yeasty wrinkles.

Which probiotic did you buy?????

Members online