Help Needed! BIZARRE GROWTH!

OP
Momma2Bullies

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Thank you all so much. I have been googling my head off. There are some similar pictures, and the hyperkeratosis is one. Thing is, this growth isnā€™t ā€œhardā€, itā€™s very soft. There are also pics of skin cancer tumors, and these look similar too. The growth itself doesnā€™t seem to bother him, rather itā€™s The inflammation surrounding that is tender. He lets me treat it though. And look - over the last two days, two of the ā€œfrondsā€ (?) have fallen off!! No idea where they went... in the snow? In the house?!!! Maybe itā€™s warts....???? So odd. I just donā€™t know. 8DD0AEAB-0568-4B6D-9F7F-3B52F829D347.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you all so much. I have been googling my head off. There are some similar pictures, and the hyperkeratosis is one. Thing is, this growth isnā€™t ā€œhardā€, itā€™s very soft. There are also pics of skin cancer tumors, and these look similar too. The growth itself doesnā€™t seem to bother him, rather itā€™s The inflammation surrounding that is tender. He lets me treat it though. And look - over the last two days, two of the ā€œfrondsā€ (?) have fallen off!! No idea where they went... in the snow? In the house?!!! Maybe itā€™s warts....???? So odd. I just donā€™t know.View attachment 109973

Im still waiting... she's probably out on holidays. I will try to call her.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He doesnā€™t have anything at all on the rest of his body... if anyone knows of anyone knowledgeable in fungus or keratin or anything, please share!!!

thank you for this recipe, I actually have most of those items on hand :)

Just got off the phone n she never seen that. All she said is you need a biopsy. Sorry.

OP
Momma2Bullies

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Just got off the phone n she never seen that. All she said is you need a biopsy. Sorry.
Thatā€™s ok! Thank you for reaching out...
i suspect we will be getting a biopsy regardless, itā€™s just too odd.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Keep us in the loop as none of us knows what it is n neither the vet. This is something most of us would like to know as it can help other members. Can be simply extra cartilage. Who knows.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Keep us in the loop as none of us knows what it is n neither the vet. This is something most of us would like to know as it can help other members. Can be simply extra cartilage. Who knows.

Yes... please keep us posted.. want to know about this bizarre thing but also stay up to date on your baby's progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Momma2Bullies

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Hi everyone,
here is a little update for you about Wilburā€™s growth. Essentially, it fell off!!! The first pic is from dec 23, and the last is yesterday. I spoke with my vet and showed her all the pictures (I kept a photo log) and she didnā€™t seemed surprised that it dissolved and fell off. She has attributed it to the bodyā€™s response to inflammation, and the skin in the toes is always a Prime spot for this. Wilbur also has frequent interdigital cysts. Iā€™m really glad we didnā€™t perform a surgery since it seems to have corrected. My regime was daily cleaning with duoxo pads and then applying Isaderm (topical corticosteroid + antibiotic.
There is no sign of it regrowing so far, and itā€™s as though it never happened. Very odd, but I suppose with everything going on with him, it isnā€™t surprising that there would be some sort of response manifestation.
34E57A71-9BDF-4BA9-8AF9-282B06A54FC6.jpeg D9141004-7FDE-4BFB-A551-5FC6D3D783DC.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for updating... looks so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you for the update! So happy that it solved itself, and if it comes again-you know what to do! [MENTION=5605]Momma2Bullies[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.