Biting on his stuffed animal

Spanky

May 30, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
My bulldog has a stuffed animal a monkey that he loves he often takes him and bites down on his head then lays down with him in his mouth for 10-20 mins. Anyone know why he does this seems to be a comforting thing.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My guess would be comforting. I've heard/seen of other bulldogs having a favorite little stuffy that they do that with.

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
My bulldog has a stuffed animal a monkey that he loves he often takes him and bites down on his head then lays down with him in his mouth for 10-20 mins. Anyone know why he does this seems to be a comforting thing.
Chloe does this; I actually call it suckling. It's definitely a soothing thing for her. My husband can't stand it, but I think it's endearing, LOL!

OP
Spanky

Spanky

May 30, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Chloe does this; I actually call it suckling. It's definitely a soothing thing for her. My husband can't stand it, but I think it's endearing, LOL!
Lol I call it sucking too was just trying to be polite He loves sucking his monkey I was just worried it was a a anxiety thing

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We call those bulldogs "Sucky-babies"...and we've seen quite a few of them. What's strangest to me is just how much of a stuffed toy they can get into their mouth...and when it comes out it's super slimy, saliva soaked. When it eventually dries out, it’s hard and crusty…ready for another round!

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
He's nursing. That monkey is special!

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
9D9A7A3F-7F74-4127-B5D4-270D97FD296A.gif

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep… a suckling bulldog!! We had some many on here years ago…. It is freakin adorable

Bulliebrothers

May 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester and Clyde
Yes! My Clyde does exactly the same thing, he even makes a low rumbling noise while he does it. He does have a lot of anxiety and it seems to soothe him. If he gets over stimulated or stressed out by his environment he tends to start suckling his lamby.

Jun 13, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
VooDoo and Breezy
Hi, Voodoo has been doing this since he was a pup. He suckles on it for awhile, sometimes 30-45 mins. He used to go to sleep this way as well until we got Breezy who wants all the toys. LOL. I know other bulldogs that do this. Seems normal.

Attachments

• Voodoo and toy.jpg
    Voodoo and toy.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 53

Max

Feb 7, 2022
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Hi, Voodoo has been doing this since he was a pup. He suckles on it for awhile, sometimes 30-45 mins. He used to go to sleep this way as well until we got Breezy who wants all the toys. LOL. I know other bulldogs that do this. Seems normal.
Max does it also. He used to it more with his monkey also, but lately it’s his tennis ball. He can keep it in his month for hours. He will lay down with the ball right next to him and make these noises. He is telling us to play with him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online