Best food

Gooner

Dec 9, 2020
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Gooner
Hi

my gooner is 1yrs old we have tried him on numerous types of kibble. He has a very sensitive stomach and has only just been able to tolerate Harringtonā€™s salmon and sweet potatoe but the problem we have now is his fur is very course and he is shedding bad. Can anyone recommend another food as we have tried royal canine hills hypoallergenic. I am at a loose end now not sure what to try next.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am in the states, but some members have recommended James Welbeloved. Other members will have more choices. @Gooner

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi

my gooner is 1yrs old we have tried him on numerous types of kibble. He has a very sensitive stomach and has only just been able to tolerate Harringtonā€™s salmon and sweet potatoe but the problem we have now is his fur is very course and he is shedding bad. Can anyone recommend another food as we have tried royal canine hills hypoallergenic. I am at a loose end now not sure what to try next.
In the UK you have also Acana. Theyā€™re single protein bags. They are high quality kibbles n I would start with duck. Itā€™s easier to digest.

Plz donā€™t use royal canine. Itā€™s all grains n definitely not fit for dogs but farm animals. Avoid any brand like Royal Canin, Science Hill, Purina. You will avoid future health issues. If your dog has stomach issues add fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies. About 1/4 cup (32g) mixed in the kibbles. Also same amount of RAW organs. But do the acana first, let him get use to it. Slowly add these toppers. šŸ™‚ later you can rotate Acana bags. Protein Rotations is the key to get the gut flora going n less allergies. Acana has duck, fish, beef, lamb etc. easier to monitor if any allergies. Heā€™s only 1 so get him going on rotations. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
James well beloved and Acana are they only two I know of, but Im sure there are others

Marie Rodger

May 15, 2016
scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
Hi

My 2 love Gentle dog food . Itā€™s cold pressed and they have original , fish or Goat . Itā€™s designed to go with Raw or on its own . Mine have never been sick or had tummy upsets with it . The Gentle dog food company also do tubes of buffalo which they love . Itā€™s not the cheapest but Iā€™ve never had any issues . Good luck šŸ¤ž

firstimebully

Jul 6, 2021
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Lenny
hey @Gooner ! i dont really have any advice for you on diet im afraid, my boy Lenny has been on hypoallergenic for a couple of months because he had bladder stones. I've just ordered him some nature's menu raw rabbit https://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/full-flavoured-rabbit-nmnrc which he'll be starting on soon.

love your bullys name though, sounds like he must support the best team in london!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My 2 love Gentle dog food . Itā€™s cold pressed and they have original , fish or Goat . Itā€™s designed to go with Raw or on its own . Mine have never been sick or had tummy upsets with it . The Gentle dog food company also do tubes of buffalo which they love . Itā€™s not the cheapest but Iā€™ve never had any issues . Good luck šŸ¤ž
Good to know for ALL U.K. Pet owners. Hard for us Westerners not knowing what works as pet food overseas. We donā€™t have it on this side. We get asked often from UK residents butā€¦..

Cheersā€¼ļø

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.