beef allergies

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
if my girl is allergic to cooked beef, will she be allergic to raw beef?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
if my girl is allergic to cooked beef, will she be allergic to raw beef?

Not necessarily, but if she eats the same thing every day, thatā€™s how they develop allergies because there isnā€™t variety.

My dog developed an allergy to pork from eating it every day.

Give a wide variety of protein options to rotate thru, and that will prevent new allergies to the food she is eating. Every day is a different protein for example.

1 day can be beef(thatā€™s for all the meals in that 1 day)

The next day can be duck

And just keep rotating proteins to prevent new food allergies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreedā€¦ cooking food changes structure. I also agree with rotationā€¦ I rot four proteins.. duck, turkey, beef and rabbit, all raw

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Agreedā€¦ cooking food changes structure. I also agree with rotationā€¦ I rot four proteins.. duck, turkey, beef and rabbit, all raw

Do you rotate thru more proteins??

I am asking because my dog became allergic to pork from not enough variety and I am currently only rotating thru 2 cause he loves his food(lightly cooked) but I am considering doing raw but he has so many health issues it makes me so nervous! My other 2 dogs have kidney disease and raw has improved their health greatly but for my other dog with the health issues, Iā€™m still quite nervous but I canā€™t have him become allergic to the beef and Turkey.

Did your dogs have any food allergies to proteins before you switched them to raw?? Do you find the 4 protein varieties are enough to rotate thru??
Iā€™m asking because Iā€™m gonna have to give more variety of protein options but he has terrible allergies and many other health issues!

if I were to give him raw only, there is 7 different protein options available and if he isnā€™t allergic to any of them, should I just pick 4 or should I do the 7 for rotating???
I just want to know your thoughts?

Did you have to give Apple Cider vinegar before transitioning to raw to make sure their stomach is acidic enough?? His meals are not 12 hrs apart as he vomits foam from going too long without eating, and I know raw needs to be at least 12 hrs apart from any cooked food as it digest differently, but I have heard to give probiotics and ACV(I do give probiotics but not ACV).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do you rotate thru more proteins??

I am asking because my dog became allergic to pork from not enough variety and I am currently only rotating thru 2 cause he loves his food(lightly cooked) but I am considering doing raw but he has so many health issues it makes me so nervous! My other 2 dogs have kidney disease and raw has improved their health greatly but for my other dog with the health issues, Iā€™m still quite nervous but I canā€™t have him become allergic to the beef and Turkey.

Did your dogs have any food allergies to proteins before you switched them to raw?? Do you find the 4 protein varieties are enough to rotate thru??
Iā€™m asking because Iā€™m gonna have to give more variety of protein options but he has terrible allergies and many other health issues!

if I were to give him raw only, there is 7 different protein options available and if he isnā€™t allergic to any of them, should I just pick 4 or should I do the 7 for rotating???
I just want to know your thoughts?

Did you have to give Apple Cider vinegar before transitioning to raw to make sure their stomach is acidic enough?? His meals are not 12 hrs apart as he vomits foam from going too long without eating, and I know raw needs to be at least 12 hrs apart from any cooked food as it digest differently, but I have heard to give probiotics and ACV(I do give probiotics but not ACV).
I did no transition periodā€¦ Cheli was on Fromm when we got Lambeau and I went right to raw when Lambeau came home. Cheli has no known allergies, but Lambeau has a long list.. lamb and salmon, corn, soy and others. Cheli does have fish sensitivity but I think it is more stomac/GI related and not allergies.

due to those issues, I can only rota these four proteins because where I get the food which is local only has about 9 or 10 options

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I did no transition periodā€¦ Cheli was on Fromm when we got Lambeau and I went right to raw when Lambeau came home. Cheli has no known allergies, but Lambeau has a long list.. lamb and salmon, corn, soy and others. Cheli does have fish sensitivity but I think it is more stomac/GI related and not allergies.

due to those issues, I can only rota these four proteins because where I get the food which is local only has about 9 or 10 options
Ok so they were switched cold Turkey for both of them.

What brand do you use??

If there was more proteins you could use, would you rotate thru them all??

I am just wondering if I should limit to 4 proteins or try all that he isnā€™t allergic to and just rotate thru all of them? Your thoughts? I worry about him becoming allergic to beef and Turkey too:(

Did you have to use probiotics?
I have him on probiotics now to prepare him for the raw diet, but I wasnā€™t sure if he actually needed the apple cider vinegar or not?

I plan to do cold Turkey switch next week(hopefully).

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ok so they were switched cold Turkey for both of them.

What brand do you use??

If there was more proteins you could use, would you rotate thru them all??

I am just wondering if I should limit to 4 proteins or try all that he isnā€™t allergic to and just rotate thru all of them? Your thoughts? I worry about him becoming allergic to beef and Turkey too:(

Did you have to use probiotics?
I have him on probiotics now to prepare him for the raw diet, but I wasnā€™t sure if he actually needed the apple cider vinegar or not?

I plan to do cold Turkey switch next week(hopefully).
When feeding raw, you should rotate through at least 3 proteins with one being a red meat, but the more the better.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
When feeding raw, you should rotate through at least 3 proteins with one being a red meat, but the more the better.

Ok thank you Cbrugs, there is 7 that he can have if he isnā€™t allergic to it, I was just wondering if I should rotate thru all 7.
Should I?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ok thank you Cbrugs, there is 7 that he can have if he isnā€™t allergic to it, I was just wondering if I should rotate thru all 7.
Should I?
I would. I rotate through as many as I can for both my boys. There are a couple proteins my Frenchie canā€™t have.

Each protein has its own nutritional values, why itā€™s important to rotate.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I would. I rotate through as many as I can for both my boys. There are a couple proteins my Frenchie canā€™t have.

Each protein has its own nutritional values, why itā€™s important to rotate.

Ok. Yes I know itā€™s important to rotate they as many proteins as possible, I was just curious as to how much proteins people rotate thru for their dogsšŸ˜Š

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Raw is totally different. Very rare the get allergies on raw. Like everyone saidā€¦rotation is the key.

I feed mine, beef n bison already mixed together, chicken n pork. Thatā€™s aside from their fishā€¦No problem.

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
Not necessarily, but if she eats the same thing every day, thatā€™s how they develop allergies because there isnā€™t variety.

My dog developed an allergy to pork from eating it every day.

Give a wide variety of protein options to rotate thru, and that will prevent new allergies to the food she is eating. Every day is a different protein for example.

1 day can be beef(thatā€™s for all the meals in that 1 day)

The next day can be duck

And just keep rotating proteins to prevent new food allergies.
Really?!!! Iā€™ve never heard this. How often should you switch up their food???

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online