Bear In the yard

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
So this is mostly to see if this works but here’s a link to a YouTube video of bear playing in the yard, it’s actually really cute because it’s the first time he went off to play on his own! Our yard is pretty big so he tends to stay right on the patio and only goes on the grass for relieving himself!! Please enjoy haha

https://youtu.be/_TKIvOVNB_Q

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love your fence! He will love that yard as he explores

OP
SidNBear

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Love your fence! He will love that yard as he explores

Yes I think so! We want to put a pool and outdoor kitchen out there so there will be much to see when he ages! Per HOA requirements we have to keep 15 feet from the back of the fence to any structure and 10 feet on either side of the house so he will have plenty of room even when all that stuff is put up. We’re also looking at a fence to go around the pool specifically for bear lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes I think so! We want to put a pool and outdoor kitchen out there so there will be much to see when he ages! Per HOA requirements we have to keep 15 feet from the back of the fence to any structure and 10 feet on either side of the house so he will have plenty of room even when all that stuff is put up. We’re also looking at a fence to go around the pool specifically for bear lol

definitely need a pool fence, most Bulldogs sink like rocks, not common for them to a swimmer.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Only 1 problem with the video...it's too short.
More toys, balls, etc. back there and he has his own little play world.
Word of advice...watch for overheating. It comes on VERY quickly with ZERO warning. Most Bulldogs do not know when to quit playing. When temps are 80+ (and I know Houston is 80+ most of the time) short play times are a must.
That's one cute pup you got there.

OP
SidNBear

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Only 1 problem with the video...it's too short.
More toys, balls, etc. back there and he has his own little play world.
Word of advice...watch for overheating. It comes on VERY quickly with ZERO warning. Most Bulldogs do not know when to quit playing. When temps are 80+ (and I know Houston is 80+ most of the time) short play times are a must.
That's one cute pup you got there.

Yes! Fully agree we bought him a stroller to take on walks and limit those to the evening or early morning. Bear would stay outside forever if I let him but the weather has been yucky all week due to storm season! But we are on a development neighborhood and behind us is literally an open field so he is never out by himself for fear of a buzzard or coyote finding him interesting haha especially since wildlife tends to find its way in our backyard like the snapper incident.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
I agree too, video too short! :D Bear looks awesome and have to say your back yard is big enough to build a housing estate here in the UK :D

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
I love your fence, too! And obviously Bear! He is such a cutie!! He will definitely love playing in that yard!

Members online

No members online now.