Barley has learned to jump onto the couch / chairs

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
There will be one less spot to sit in our house. Barley figured out that with a little running jump he can get onto any chair or couch in the house. He actually took his toy up on the chair to chew on. That is my spot.....or it least it was my chair......:nope:
dog 2 chair.jpgdog1 chair.jpg

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
aww we were so proud when lola first did that, then she surprised us by jumping up on the bed too! yay, Barley!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I maybe a stick in the mud lol but is that what you want? If not start correcting now.

We were correcting every time and then started to lay off and Kain won. We wished we stayed with it so he only comes up on our terms but he is so affectionate he has to be with someone no matter what.

We will still be working on us picking him up and not jumping on his will otherwise he would walk on the company.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

titanowners

Nov 10, 2012
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Titan
it's amazing that those little legs and thick bodies can jump up on things haha...our little guy titan just started climbing on our couch right at 6 months and he's a looney bin now doing it all the time to show off. it's very exciting though!!!(especially cuz he tries so hard with kicking his back legs to swoop the rest of him up) oh the surprises bulldogs bring. :D

thanks for sharing the pictures too!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4305]Vince00[/MENTION] is right. Now is the time to train the behavior you want for the long term. Re-training "stay off the couch" is painful at best.

Bo "asks" to come up on the couch about 75% of the time -- but I'm not consistent so that is my fault. I bought a leather couch so the dogs could be up there with me so it's not an issue with me. Bea cannot get up by herself but Bo learned very early on that the couch was THE PLACE TO BE. ha ha And I'm fine with that. He only gets up there when there's a human to lay with.

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
Awe how adorable! Brutus hasn't figured out jumping onto things yet. When he wants on the couch, he comes to me and puts his front paws on my legs for me to lift him up. Of course we have the rule, that the couch is for relaxing or sleeping, not for playing

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... he is precious!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I don't want spoil the fun, but with bulldogs and other heavy breeds it's better if they don't jump up and especially down things before the age of around one. Their growth plates may injure and that can cause serious joint problems for later life.
We carried Usko down the stairs until he was on years old and 50 lbs. He never learned to jump up the furniture cause we didn't let him.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
30491d1352771102-barley-has-learned-jump-onto-couch-chairs-dog1-chair.jpg

First the chair, then the bed! :luv:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online