NicoleC

Jun 16, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Milo
Hey guys! My bully, Milo, recently started developing these bald spots around his mouth and wrinkles and today I noticed that their is a waxy, yellowish/greenish substance on them. Does anyone know what this is or what I can use to treat it?? It's only around his face and he sometimes scratches at it, but not too much.
Any advice would help! Thank you! :D IMG_5409.JPGIMG_5411.JPG

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Need to clean his folds there, they are close to getting infected. Clean with a warm wash cloth and a little antibacterial soap, and then dry well. I wouldn't put Witch Hazel on it, because it might be too irritated for that and would sting. Make sure and dry it well, then put some Neosporin on it. Once the irritation goes away, then clean daily with non-scented baby wipes or Mal-A-Key wipes. Once it is under control, you can put corn starch in the fold o help keep dry in between cleanings.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey guys! My bully, Milo, recently started developing these bald spots around his mouth and wrinkles and today I noticed that their is a waxy, yellowish/greenish substance on them. Does anyone know what this is or what I can use to treat it?? It's only around his face and he sometimes scratches at it, but not too much.
Any advice would help! Thank you! :DView attachment 106538View attachment 106539

:welcome3: to EBN .... David has you covered... gotta clean those wrinkles daily

Need to clean his folds there, they are close to getting infected. Clean with a warm wash cloth and a little antibacterial soap, and then dry well. I wouldn't put Witch Hazel on it, because it might be too irritated for that and would sting. Make sure and dry it well, then put some Neosporin on it. Once the irritation goes away, then clean daily with non-scented baby wipes or Mal-A-Key wipes. Once it is under control, you can put corn starch in the fold o help keep dry in between cleanings.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Gotta keep them clean & dry. For irritation you can also use some Desitin. Just be sure to only apply it in the wrinkles, out of any area that can be licked.

OP
NicoleC

NicoleC

Jun 16, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Milo
Thank you so much for the advice! I would have never thought about using cornstarch. Milo is thankful as well :D

- - - Updated - - -

Would Neosporin work as well as Desitin?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you so much for the advice! I would have never thought about using cornstarch. Milo is thankful as well :D

- - - Updated - - -

Two different purposes I believe. The desitin does clear up the rash and protect against the wetness... I think the Neosporin would also clear it up but protect??? dunno... sure someone else will let ya know..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

- - - Updated - - -

Desitin will dry it out and lessen the burn... neosporin is more for a wound
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Desitin will dry it out and lessen the burn... neosporin is more for a wound
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]

Agree if it's irritated & red I'd do desitin. For a cut or burn/bug bite I'd do neosporin.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.