Bad bag of food??

LordStanley

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Stanley
Hey all,

Long time no post. Stanley has been doing great! But this week, something strange has happened. I picked up a new bag of Fromms (pork and peas) on my way home from work Friday, and did like I always do.. Dumped out what was left in the container, poured the new bag in, and put the leftovers from the previous bag on top of that. Basically rotated my stock, right?

Well since then, Stanley hasn't been finishing his meals.. He leaves a little in the bowl each time. Could the new bag be off and he's detecting it?

I'm going to stop at lunch today and buy the smaller bag and test it tonight with only that bag, if he still doesn't eat, maybe I'll take him to the vet. But if he eats that fine, it has to be the new bag, right?

Everything else has been normal. Playing, pooping, sleeping (as always)..

Has anyone ever experienced just getting a bad bag of food?

Thanks,
Steve

PS, here's a couple of current pics!! He's the best!!

IMG_0277.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is mighty handsome... and looks good.

How old is he and how much do you feed at each meal?

OP
LordStanley

LordStanley

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Stanley
He's 2years/9mos and he gets 3 cups daily divided into two feedings. 1 1/2 cups in AM/PM..

He's 68lbs, so the Fromms feeding guide says 3 - 3 5/8 daily, so he's on the low side of that.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's 2years/9mos and he gets 3 cups daily divided into two feedings. 1 1/2 cups in AM/PM..

He's 68lbs, so the Fromms feeding guide says 3 - 3 5/8 daily, so he's on the low side of that.

that is a lot of food.... cut back and see if he eats a whole meal. at age of 1, they should only get 2 cups per day.... 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM company is always going to have a higher feeding level on the bag.... sell more :)

OP
LordStanley

LordStanley

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Stanley
Ok, thanks... We'll try that. It was just strange that it started literally the first feeding after I bought the new bag. He always eats with no problems (unless he's sick)..

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, thanks... We'll try that. It was just strange that it started literally the first feeding after I bought the new bag. He always eats with no problems (unless he's sick)..

if you do not see a change after two days... then yea, it might be something with the bag.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
My Colossus had a problem with Pork and Peas, but this was a long while ago. We have since switched flavors. Maybe get a small bag of another flavor if that will help IF the cutting back doesnt seem to help.

OP
LordStanley

LordStanley

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Stanley
Update..

He wouldn't eat last night even from the new bag. So I gave him a few spoonfuls of a can of Fromm's Shredded Pork that we had. He ate that with no problems.

Today he's eaten his morning 1 cup with no problems. I wasn't home when he ate, so I'm not sure if it was from the new bag or the other stuff.

@RazrRila99 - We've tried sample packs of all of the other flavors and he will only eat Pork and Peas... If we need to switch, we'd need to switch to a whole other brand to find something he'll eat.

Thanks!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.