Attempting Beginner Agility!

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
So, I am just wondering if anyone has taken their EB to Agility?

Tia and I are registering for an 8 week Beginner Agility class tomorrow night. She is a quick learner, has lots of energy, and loves to please, so I think this will be a BLAST. My best friend is an old pro at agility, has taught it for years, but is taking a dog that has never been so will be in the class as well. The class accepts 8 dogs, and myself, and my friends should take up 6 of them (as long we beat everyone else to registration lol).

I think Tia is going to LOVE it, she loves to be active and learning.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it with their EB and if so, what they thought!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I wanted to do this with Jewel; however, she is currently on injured reserve and now is 8 weeks post TPLO surgery.

I wish you great luck and have fun.

Please let us know how it goes.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wow that sounds fun… I have no idea if anyone on here has tried this, but good luck and let us know how it goes!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=12783]ThatsBull[/MENTION], i commend you for enrolling Tia into agility training as I think this is a great way for our bullies to learn commands, exercise, and have fun all at the same time. Last Christmas I bought my bulldogs a "starter" agility kit thru Amazon. It's pretty nifty and this is what it looks like all set up: IMG_6651.jpgIMG_6652.jpg

Problem is, they both showed no interest in it. Of course, that's my fault b/c i need to learn how to train them on this course. I still plan on doing it but I am also planning to enroll them into some classes locally.

Please let us know how Tia likes her classes!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I personally have not done the class, but I worked at a dog daycare for a few years and there also did training. There was a Bulldog, Barney, that did agility -- he was darn good, just could not jump the high bar, they lowered it for him

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I personally have not done the class, but I worked at a dog daycare for a few years and there also did training. There was a Bulldog, Barney, that did agility -- he was darn good, just could not jump the high bar, they lowered it for him

Wow, i'm impressed with Barney! (cute name, btw). The only part of the course that they have somewhat "mastered" is the tunnel. Of course, a treat has to be at the end of it! They don't like it when i attach this parachute "tail" thingy to the tunnel tho 'cuz i think it's scares them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow, i'm impressed with Barney! (cute name, btw). The only part of the course that they have somewhat "mastered" is the tunnel. Of course, a treat has to be at the end of it! They don't like it when i attach this parachute "tail" thingy to the tunnel tho 'cuz i think it's scares them.

LOL.. well after seeing the balnket game, I can see why they have mastered the tunel! They like the dark. Bareny LOVED it, he was to funny to watch too, he has really short legs so seeing him tear up the course was great entertainment

OP
ThatsBull

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
Thanks everyone! I am so excited!!

We are registered, and my 8 year old daughter (almost 9 year old) is going to take our border collie cross, Trixie, through agility too. My best friend will bring one of her dogs, he mom will bring her chihuahua/papillion cross, our friend is bringing her cockapoo cross...it will be a blast!! We start next week!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Riggins did an agility course at an expo and he did really well! They said bulldogs actually love doing it. [emoji4] Probably some don't but some do. Good for you! [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
I love agility... Its a great way to build a bond with your dogs!

I goofed around a few years ago trying to teach Molly a few obstacles. She would just jump around inside the collapsed tunnel and bark. she also chewed-up one of my hurdles.

I haven't tried with Kevin yet.. but he is an 'all 4 feet on the ground at one time' type of dog. I image it would look something like this:
Bulldog%20agility.jpg

(Not Kevin.. just a random picture pulled off the internet of a bulldog suck on an obstacle)

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
[MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] That's funny! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ThatsBull

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
[MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] that is SO funny!!! I love that picture!!
We start agility on Tuesday night, I am super excited!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.