Anyone tried wrinkle balm?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Has anyone tried wrinkle balm from the Natural Dog company (https://naturaldogcompany.com/product/wrinkle-balm/) Fezzik constantly has irritated wrinkle folds on his face from the drainage from his eyes. The drainage is clear, but I haven't found a way to prevent it yet. The only thing that I have found that soothes the irritated skin on his face is Desitin and I don't want to put that on his face every day in the off chance that he keeps licking it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have not heard of this... Might look into it cause thanks to allergies...Lambeau has the same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenni23

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Has anyone tried wrinkle balm from the Natural Dog company (https://naturaldogcompany.com/product/wrinkle-balm/) Fezzik constantly has irritated wrinkle folds on his face from the drainage from his eyes. The drainage is clear, but I haven't found a way to prevent it yet. The only thing that I have found that soothes the irritated skin on his face is Desitin and I don't want to put that on his face every day in the off chance that he keeps licking it.

Wait....you can use desitin on their face? What exactly does it do for them? Gigi has some drainage but it's not bad yet, I want to be prepared! Lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wait....you can use desitin on their face? What exactly does it do for them? Gigi has some drainage but it's not bad yet, I want to be prepared! Lol

Yes--- i use it for Lambeau at bedtime

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
I have all of the other ones!
The wrinkle one is their newest.
I love the cute little tin it comes in.
:)
They all smell good too.

Cheaper to buy in the combo pack!
I think it was 60$ or so

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I use Skin balm and paw balm and find them both very good. On the facial wrinkles I like to use Desitin or Sudocream though. I think they keep the skin drier. They may smell good for us human noses, but by bully like's it as much as any stuff I put on his face, not.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Have not heard of this... Might look into it cause thanks to allergies...Lambeau has the same issue

What do you do for the eye drainage? At this point, I am not sure if it is allergies or the way his wrinkles and eyes are shaped.

Should I be considering getting an allergy test? Other than the clear drainage, he really doesn't have many issues and the face irritation seems to bother me more than him. He did break out in hives but that was probably from a bite.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What do you do for the eye drainage? At this point, I am not sure if it is allergies or the way his wrinkles and eyes are shaped.

Should I be considering getting an allergy test? Other than the clear drainage, he really doesn't have many issues and the face irritation seems to bother me more than him. He did break out in hives but that was probably from a bite.

Lambeau's eyes never stop running --- he lashes are fine and his eyes look good --- it is just all environmental allergies right now so I do whatever I can to keep the face/wrinkles dry -- wipe them, clean with witch hazel and desitin at night. Does not hurt to do a full blood panel allergy test... it at least gives a baseline and helps you know what to avoid.

WhitneyBlanche

Mar 3, 2015
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Sorry to re-hash an old post, but does wrinkle balm help with tear stains or just inflammation? Ollie's wrinkles rarely get irritated, but she does get tear stains and her face is white so they show up looking pretty red. I stay on top of it, but I'm wondering if this product might be a better choice than some of the others I use. Thanks!

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
Hi, we've use the wrinkle balm and it helps with the red/yeasty or crusty stuff that some deep wrinkles get. It works well, but I think the smell really bother's Nico so I don't use that much on his nose wrinkles. I just clean with a natural baby wipe, dry and put Vaseline on it and if it's almost bleeding I use some Antibiotic cream, which also clears it up quickly without the smell. Nico doesn't get tear stains but I don't think the wrinkle balm would help. Try the Destin like someone stated above, we used that on our bully Zeus for tear stains and it worked pretty well.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry to re-hash an old post, but does wrinkle balm help with tear stains or just inflammation? Ollie's wrinkles rarely get irritated, but she does get tear stains and her face is white so they show up looking pretty red. I stay on top of it, but I'm wondering if this product might be a better choice than some of the others I use. Thanks!

I am on the same boat and not sure if this would work or not... might have to give it a try

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Do you what the cause of the tear stains are? That could potentially help so you know how to treat. It could be food related/water related (do you give tap or filtered water)/entropion or some other eye issue. Louie has tear stains but he has also been diagnosed with mild entropion which is causing the excessive tearing.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Do you what the cause of the tear stains are? That could potentially help so you know how to treat. It could be food related/water related (do you give tap or filtered water)/entropion or some other eye issue. Louie has tear stains but he has also been diagnosed with mild entropion which is causing the excessive tearing.

oh yea.... speaking of this,,, i was thinking you were having that surgery done with neutering???

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
oh yea.... speaking of this,,, i was thinking you were having that surgery done with neutering???

So that was the original plan but then I started getting freaked out. He’s home alone a few hours Monday through Thursday and I would never have forgiven myself if something had happened and no one was home. The vet said it wasn’t medically necessary at this point as the only issue was the tearing. So I’m going to wait until the summer when the kids are out of school and someone can be home with him.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So that was the original plan but then I started getting freaked out. He’s home alone a few hours Monday through Thursday and I would never have forgiven myself if something had happened and no one was home. The vet said it wasn’t medically necessary at this point as the only issue was the tearing. So I’m going to wait until the summer when the kids are out of school and someone can be home with him.

Awww,,, gotcha! I would have done the same. Though that went well for Hank as well, he really did need me around so glad you are doing what you feel is right :) I think it is too :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.