Anyone know what this might be??

hneves

May 7, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I just noticed this under my his mouth... have no idea what it might be? HELP!! IMG_0216.JPG

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Looks like inflammation that needs regular cleaning and possibly prescribed medication. We call it Bully acne. It's common in some bullies and not so much in others. Droolers and diggers will get it from creating an environment prone to infection. Plastic water and food bowls are known to stir things up, too. Stick with Stainless or glazed ceramic if not doing so already. Clean clean clean for the next week or so and if not improving, see your Vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH.... looks like he has a couple of small hotspots plus acne.... are you using stainless steal bowls and washing them with hot water once a day? Also, wipe his chin after he drinks to help keep it dry.

To clean him up, shave the hot spot areas and keep them clean and dry... clean with peroxide, wash the area and then just keep it clean/dry after that. I use witch hazel for cleaning, but you can also use ... I drawling a blank on the cleanser... @ marine91 uses it and you can buy it at the CVS,, begins with an 'H"

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
OUCH.... looks like he has a couple of small hotspots plus acne.... are you using stainless steal bowls and washing them with hot water once a day? Also, wipe his chin after he drinks to help keep it dry.

To clean him up, shave the hot spot areas and keep them clean and dry... clean with peroxide, wash the area and then just keep it clean/dry after that. I use witch hazel for cleaning, but you can also use ... I drawling a blank on the cleanser... @ marine91 uses it and you can buy it at the CVS,, begins with an 'H"

Would it be hibiclens? It's a great antiseptic skin cleaner.

OP
H

hneves

May 7, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Thanks! I cleaned and dried it and tomorrow im going to buy that hibiclens.

Do you guys clean it once a day or how ofter should I clean it?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Would it be hibiclens? It's a great antiseptic skin cleaner.

THATS IT!!!! Thanks, Jim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks! I cleaned and dried it and tomorrow im going to buy that hibiclens.

Do you guys clean it once a day or how ofter should I clean it?

I would do two or three a day till cleared up and then a few times a week to keep it away.

How old is your baby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Bully acne that got a little inflamed/maybe infected, I agree could have turned into hot spots in a few areas. I'd wash with warm water and an anti-bacterial/anti-fungal soap. You can put a llittle witch hazel on the zits, but not the raw spots or ones that have popped because it will burn. Try wiping his mouth after he drinks water to keep his chin dry.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the gang… I have also used Vetericyn on a cotton ball. Walter had some scabbed areas, and it cleared them up quick!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online